Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 0 Rangers

I'd much prefer if at least one CB was already here..............

It's early days yet but I'd like to see us scoring more goals. Six goals in six pre-season games ain't a lot considering the standard of most of the opposition

Fair comment re goals for (so far). A completely new striking partnership is always going to take a while to really click.

I'm pretty happy about the progress in defence though.

Found out? We lost one goal tonight away from home against an English Championship side. We've also recruited two fullbacks and a goalkeeper who are more than adequate for the third tier of Scottish football. At least one centre half will follow, but until then, it's hardly a surprise to see Jig getting game time in that position.

Yeah found out. Lack of goals and exposed at a set piece just like last season. Your description of the defeat just sounds like excuses, we had enough of those last season. There is absolutely nothing wrong with looking in the mirror at ourselves and seeing our own faults. Those players were not signed and are not paid very well just to be adequate for the 3rd tier of Scottish football. Of course it is a surprise, although maybe it shouldn't be, i thought we had learned from last seasons nonsense, we have plenty defensive options we could have played there instead of him. Wallace, Faure, Gasparotto, Hegarty and McAusland. There's 5, 4 of whom are actually centre backs and one who has played there before in his career and is a defender.

That said, i will not get too downbeat, it was only a friendly match but a match nonetheless which showed up some old faults which have still not been fixed with the first competitive match only days away.

Fair comment re goals for (so far). A completely new striking partnership is always going to take a while to really click.

I'm pretty happy about the progress in defence though.

What progress? We started this evenings match with the same shite which haemorrhaged goals for fun last season and a reserve keeper who has next to no first team game time. What progress has been made?

What progress? We started this evenings match with the same shite which haemorrhaged goals for fun last season and a reserve keeper who has next to no first team game time. What progress has been made?

Well, a single goal in 6 games so far this year is barely a trickle, far less a haemorrhage.

Well, a single goal in 6 games so far this year is barely a trickle, far less a haemorrhage.

True though we won't be playing the Broras, Elgins or Guterslohs next season. Some tasty teams in that 2nd division all hungry for a piece of the Rangers!