Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 0 Rangers

Thats something of a departure for you.

It's actually not much of a departure at all because I said immediately when Ally made Jig the captain that it could end up being a decision which eventually gets Ally the sack or forces him out. It was obvious within minutes of thinking about it that as captain, Ally would have a severe problem with dropping Jig from the squad and that would end up with Jig being played in ridiculous places he shouldn't even be considered for like central defense.

On top of that, I've never been a fan of Jig. I've been happy to give him credit where it's due over the past year or so, especially since it was a pleasant surprise to see him scoring so many goals in the earlier part of last season, but he's still not a very good football player at the end of the day and he's most certainly not a central defender.

Thats something of a departure for you. My fuse with ally is short after the last two years. But I will give him another chance. I am prepared to write off everything before sept 1st. But I want a huge improvement after that asap. Last years excuses were thin then. They are now invalid all together.

That's the key isn't it. With the stupid transfer ban the team will chop and change a lot until then. Once the side is settled and hopefully everyone playing in their proper positions it will be better.

People seem to forget that as from Saturday when the season starts and competition begins we can only play a set amount of trialists per game and even then no more than 3 times before sept 1st