Confirmed - Walter Smith has resigned

When the future of the entire club is up for grabs then yes the quality on the park is put to the sidelines for a while. Fed up hearing why Ally should hang his jacket up right now. Ally isn't the chairman, in the boardroom and seeing every single thing. Something has clearly pissed Walter off.

Posturing about Ally (any poster) and how he should quit is not helpful at the moment. Club stability is our goal at the moment. We can barely go a fucking week without a crisis so scoring the players/managers on their on the park quality is way down my list of priorities.

Despite the shambles we are right now upstairs where is the evidence that the club's continued existence is in doubt?

Despite the shambles we are right now upstairs where is the evidence that the club's continued existence is in doubt?

I said the future is up for grabs...not that it's existence is in doubt so don't put words in my mouth.

The future is arguably also up for grabs in terms of our on the park product.

On the park we are going to win the league and move up a division. Stage 2 will be complete. After that, will we even have any money left to get players? It feels like we'll end up arriving in the SPFL with £30m of debt

Guest PhilBoersmasHamstring
I fail to see how this is a sad day? If anything it should make life easier for the board to remove our incompetent manager.

I've been unhappy with the manager's performance for a long time but I don't see that Ally McCoist and Walter Smith being outside of the Boardroom and machinery of Rangers Football Club just now is anything other than a major worry.

If Smith's move comes ahead of a Rangers-led bid for control then I dearly hope it is successful. If his exit is the result of him having had enough and wanting out of it all then I'd be shocked and bloody terrified at what may come next.

So signing players and arranging a bloated pre-season was just a waste of time?

Where did Calgacus say that ?

He/She said it was the least of our worries - and with today's developments I find it very difficult to disagree. You on the other hand dont.

We have far bigger fish to fry right now than a disastrous result at the weekend - if you cant see that then there is little hope.

it's ONE defeat. OK so yes it's a bad one but it's ONE defeat. I get it, our cup record isn't great and there are plenty of areas for improvement but McCoist should not resign.

I think Walter may have because Green is back as a paid consultant. Clearly the behind the scenes wrangling is making him uncomfortable. We'll know more soon

You may judge McCoist on one defeat i've have judged him since he became Manager and the shambles at the recent Dundee game, I've backed him for a while but see no obvious improvement in the team.

At the Dundee game he didnt have the foresight to play the players who would feature against Forfar and used two subs in a game Dundee used seven we should actually have been beat by four or five goals that is how badly we played.

To suggest i would judge McCoist someone i've backed on one game is wrong.

Because I cannot buy this 'football doesn't matter now' line that many seem to be coming up with. I care about the product on the park and even in sorting this mess out we don't just put that on hold.

"Least of our worries" doesnt equate to "football doesnt matter".

Because I cannot buy this 'football doesn't matter now' line that many seem to be coming up with. I care about the product on the park and even in sorting this mess out we don't just put that on hold.

You don't believe in prioritising? The boardroom is a shambles, the most respected and trusted man in the last 25 years of Rangers has just walked away from the Chairman's role. Think about it STB, think about what's really important in the big picture here.

You may judge McCoist on one defeat i've have judged him since he became Manager and the shambles at the recent Dundee game, I've backed him for a while but see no obvious improvement in the team.

At the Dundee game he didnt have the foresight to play the players who would feature against Forfar and used two subs in a game Dundee used seven we should actually have been beat by four or five goals that is how badly we played.

To suggest i would judge McCoist someone i've backed on one game is wrong.

See I take pre-season with a pinch of salt. I've seen us & others have great pre-seasons then terrible starts to a season, and vice versa. The issue I'm taking is using the Forfar game as the reason.