Walter's resignation...could it be ?

It could but it seems unlikely. I'd expect he'll get until October and the new signings being allowed to play at least.

No, this is connected to the 'takeover' and Green returning to the club, i've little doubt about that now.

As a manager Smith never had any problems getting rid of players who weren't doing their job. I don't think he would have a problem doing the same with a Manager who was failing.

I wonder how objective he would be about his prodigy Calgacus - notwithstanding that there is considerable differences of opinion amongst Bears of how long Ally should be given - some say go now - some say a season - some say till CHristmas

The board want to sack Ally and Walter wants no part of it ?

That could be part of it, but Ally's comments about Green at the weekend were no accident. At first I thought he might have been pressured (by the press etc) into losing it in the heat of the moment, but when I saw his interview with SSN he was calm, collected and knew exactly what he was doing and saying.

That's why I think Ally was sending out a message and it was calculated/planned. Ally wants Green & co out and he's practically said so. Walter feels the same and his decision to walk today is his way of reinforcing and backing up the message sent out by Ally.

That could be part of it, but Ally's comments about Green at the weekend were no accident. At first I thought he might have been pressured (by the press etc) into losing it in the heat of the moment, but when I saw his interview with SSN he was calm, collected and knew exactly what he was doing and saying.

That's why I think Ally was sending out a message and it was calculated/planned. Ally wants Green & co out and he's practically said so. Walter feels the same and his decision to walk today is his way of reinforcing and backing up the message sent out by Ally.

Yes I would agree - I certainly felt they were calculated as well.

There has been a suggestion on Twitter AMMS that as part of Green's return he intimated he wanted to cut the current coaching bill which it is alleged is £1.5 million.

I expect we'll hear quite a number of suggestions in the coming days which might appeal to some supporters point of view, doesn't make them true of course. I could even be convinced that Green does want to cut some bills. I still don't think that's why Smith has left though.

I expect we'll hear quite a number of suggestions in the coming days which might appeal to some supporters point of view, doesn't make them true of course. I could even be convinced that Green does want to cut some bills. I still don't think that's why Smith has left though.

Its a pity our support is so fragmented and ineffective. We should be demanding a set of published, audited accounts asap.

That would end the speculation and perhaps even scaremongering over our financial state.