Folks

I have noticed today a lot of online and Twitter chat / rumours about the sale of Rangers aassets of Ibrox, Murray Park and Albion Car Park with leaseback options to raise immediate revenue for the club. Has anyone heard anything about this, potentially worrying, development?

Some figures being posted about which makes me think its all another baseless internet rumour but a few folk have linked it with a quote from Charles Green about being able to 'bring £10M into the club in a moments notice'??

Might just be another rumour though...

I've not heard that. It's not something I'd be in favour of either.

We just bought out the lease to the Albion, if we sell and leaseback does that mean that Imran owes US money?

Seriously can't see that happening or with Ibrox either; but Murray Park might be attractive because of its development potential. Difficult to see how the Club could get a deal on good terms given our current situation and I would see it as very much a last resort type thing.

The Club has to become self-financing, that's the top priority.

I can't see either MP or Ibrox being sold or leased.

Would be a massive risk. Purchaser would want a double digit yield if they were picking up maintenance costs, so in less than a decade the money raised would be gone forever. More importantly, we'd be offering a hostage to fortune - what would we do when the initial lease comes up for renewal and the owner decides to jack up the price? Move to another 50,000 seat stadium in Glasgow?

Think this one is just nonsense.

This is usually only a last ditch maneuver to keep a company from liquidation due to cash flow problems. If we do this it means we're one step closer to death.

Rangers should never need such a move as we have too large and loyal a customer base which makes us attractive to buy with our assets intact as we're a decent long term proposition.

There is also a good chance any unforeseen cashflow problems that put us in real danger could be offset by another share issue.