Keith Jackson - No agenda against Rangers we are seeking the truth

Bill Struth built the club up by applying the tenet of making sure the players were always treated to first class... It's part of the (real) Rangers tradition.

I would hope we could get back to this, but......

Different times, different circumstances.

I would hope we could get back to this, but......

Different times, different circumstances.

If we're paying players about 200k a year does a handful of hotel bills amounting to 1% of that sound really excessive to make sure they perform to their best? It's pretty normal to do this in any business with the choice of hotel being commensurate with the wage.

If we're paying players about 200k a year does a handful of hotel bills amounting to 1% of that sound really excessive to make sure they perform to their best? It's pretty normal to do this in any business with the choice of hotel being commensurate with the wage.

I don't agree with paying these wages either, we should be certain they actually stayed there of course.

The hotel website says it's £280 for a room for two people, that's £140 a head. And you would think that a block booking for about 20 rooms for a load of famous guests, well in advance would probably attract a bit of discount... It's not that much in the scheme of things.

You might not agree with the money being spent on the players including their wages but we have 45k people willing to pay to see the best players they can with the money they generate, the market is incredibly competitive especially as it's cash rich down south - I don't agree with it either but it's the way it is.

We're paying a very low amount on players compared to our turnover, I don't see the need scrimp and scrape while that is the case - that is the core of our business. Without the players we are nothing. With cheap players we are nothing special.

As I've said many times, people should try supporting another Scottish team for a wee while and see how they enjoy it. You can't demand the best, have 45k paying through the turnstiles and then not pay for the best you can afford.

If we pay League One wages, we will be watching the likes of Airdrie and a lot of people won't be very happy. Jings, we've being slagging off the dross football of the bulk of the SPL for decades and yet some want to watch a cheaper team than an average one of those.

''As I've said many times, people should try supporting another Scottish team for a wee while and see how they enjoy it. You can't demand the best, have 45k paying through the turnstiles and then not pay for the best you can afford''.

I'm not sure we can afford them, but time will tell.

The hotel website says it's £280 for a room for two people, that's £140 a head. And you would think that a block booking for about 20 rooms for a load of famous guests, well in advance would probably attract a bit of discount... It's not that much in the scheme of things.

You might not agree with the money being spent on the players including their wages but we have 45k people willing to pay to see the best players they can with the money they generate, the market is incredibly competitive especially as it's cash rich down south - I don't agree with it either but it's the way it is.

We're paying a very low amount on players compared to our turnover, I don't see the need scrimp and scrape while that is the case - that is the core of our business. Without the players we are nothing. With cheap players we are nothing special.

As I've said many times, people should try supporting another Scottish team for a wee while and see how they enjoy it. You can't demand the best, have 45k paying through the turnstiles and then not pay for the best you can afford.

If we pay League One wages, we will be watching the likes of Airdrie and a lot of people won't be very happy. Jings, we've being slagging off the dross football of the bulk of the SPL for decades and yet some want to watch a cheaper team than an average one of those.

Going to another extreme there surely, no-one wants us to pay League 1 wages.

Why are we staying overnight anywhere for a 3pm kick-off in Stranraer? It takes about two and a half hours to get there from Glasgow by coach, I could understand it if it was a lunchtime start.

As I said on the other thread the Daily Record won't bankrupt us or take us into administration, we'd do well to remember who we really need to be watching in all this.