Keith Jackson - No agenda against Rangers we are seeking the truth

Why are we staying overnight anywhere for a 3pm kick-off in Stranraer? It takes about two and a half hours to get there from Glasgow by coach, I could understand it if it was a lunchtime start.

As I said on the other thread the Daily Record won't bankrupt us or take us into administration, we'd do well to remember who we really need to be watching in all this.

you're not going to like the fact they stay overnight for games at ibrox are you?

Why are we staying overnight anywhere for a 3pm kick-off in Stranraer? It takes about two and a half hours to get there from Glasgow by coach, I could understand it if it was a lunchtime start.

As I said on the other thread the Daily Record won't bankrupt us or take us into administration, we'd do well to remember who we really need to be watching in all this.

Perhaps it has something to do with the length of travel required? Say, if the team requires to travel more than 90 minutes by coach then they stay overnight to minimise the risk that sitting around for long periods on a coach might cause or aggravate ailments or injuries? I don't know, and I'm just guessing, but I'd imagine they want to maintain player routines as much as possible regardless of where they are playing.

The other aspect could be that it helps to build/maintain team spirit.

They'll stay overnight before games in order to ensure they're following strict diet and social plans ahead of games.

For example, there will be a curfew for the night before, then the correct foods and fluids administered before they leave for the game. They'll use the free time for tactical discussions, very light training sessions and/or group events.

May seem expensive but if we want to mimic the successful teams, that's the kind of science I(social and physical) that those teams follow.

Perhaps it has something to do with the length of travel required? Say, if the team requires to travel more than 90 minutes by coach then they stay overnight to minimise the risk that sitting around for long periods on a coach might cause or aggravate ailments or injuries? I don't know, and I'm just guessing, but I'd imagine they want to maintain player routines as much as possible regardless of where they are playing.

The other aspect could be that it helps to build/maintain team spirit.

I accept that the club is striving to maintain itself as a 'top' club and as such it should behave like one. However, Stranraer is not that far away, do we really need to stay in Turnbury, wouldn't a hotel in Glasgow have done equally well? Head off mid-morning, stop south of Ayr for lunch so the journey is never more than an hour on the coach and still get to the ground well before 2pm. I'm McCoist's biggest supporter on here, but someone at the club needs to figure out the facts of life here. We do not need to stay in 5 star golf resorts before league games at Stranraer.

They'll stay overnight before games in order to ensure they're following strict diet and social plans ahead of games.

For example, there will be a curfew for the night before, then the correct foods and fluids administered before they leave for the game. They'll use the free time for tactical discussions, very light training sessions and/or group events.

May seem expensive but if we want to mimic the successful teams, that's the kind of science I(social and physical) that those teams follow.

Which makes sense, however Stranraer is not far away, particularly for a 3pm kick-off. There's not a side in our league who are more than two and a half hours drive from Glasgow, we shouldn't need to stay anywhere outside of Glasgow. Make a block booking at the Hilton for the season and save some money.

Which makes sense, however Stranraer is not far away, particularly for a 3pm kick-off. There's not a side in our league who are more than two and a half hours drive from Glasgow, we shouldn't need to stay anywhere outside of Glasgow. Make a block booking at the Hilton for the season and save some money.

I'd imagine they won't want more than around an hour's drive where possible.

Even when I played for Scotland under 15/16s they put us up in excellent hotels pre-match to ensure a consistent build-up to international matches (and even friendlies). This was in 1991-93 so it's not a new thing.

I'd imagine they won't want more than around an hour's drive where possible.

Even when I played for Scotland under 15/16s they put us up in excellent hotels pre-match to ensure a consistent build-up to international matches (and even friendlies). This was in 1991-93 so it's not a new thing.

Frankie, by all accounts we're haemorrhaging money, this feels extravagant. Representing your country is one thing but this is Division Two. Be professional but be realistic at the same time. A couple of hours on a bus should not make any difference to those games.

Frankie, by all accounts we're haemorrhaging money, this feels extravagant. Representing your country is one thing but this is Division Two. Be professional but be realistic at the same time. A couple of hours on a bus should not make any difference to those games.

Oh, don't get me wrong - I think it's a nonsense to be honest when finances are so tight. Like you say, have a base somewhere but even that's arguably unnecessary. But if it is, get sponsored and make it good value.