Leggat - GREEN REVEALS MYSTERIOUS AHMAD LINK TO WHYTE SHARES

MYSTERY still surrounds just what sort of a dodgy deal disgraced former commercial director Imran Ahmad struck with the even more disgraced and totally discredited Craig Whyte in order to get his hands on the former owner’s Rangers shares.

However, by the admission of Imran Ahmad’s front man, Charles Green, we do know that some sort of shady back street deal was struck between Imran Ahmad and Craig Whyte.

We know it was more than just the “stringing Whyte along” tactic claimed by Ahmad and Green.

We know because Charles Green revealed it in a letter to the Scottish Football Association in which he wrote that in July last year, after liquidation, Imran Ahmad was given the task of getting his hands on Craig Whyte’s shares.

The reason, again according to Charles Green in the same letter, was that this was necessary in order that a name change could be effected from Sevco Scotland to incorporate the words, Rangers Football Club.

What Charles Green insists Imran Ahmad did not do, again the Green claim is made in his letter to the SFA, was make any form of legal commitment in relation to remuneration or compensation for the shares.

So, just how did he get them?

For we know, according to the gospel of Charles Green, what Imran Ahmad did not do.

What we do not know is just what sort of deal – which did not involve any form of legal negotiation – Imran Ahmad actually did cook up with fraudster Craig Whyte.

And that is something which will surely thwart any outrageous plans Imran Ahmad may be making to return to Ibrox , despite the fact he has now sold almost all of his Rangers shares and made an obscene profit.

And Charles Green’s close association with Imran Ahmad and his unwillingness to make the nature of the Imran Ahmad-Craig Whyte stitch up known, will also bar his way to the Blue Room.

For the Scottish Football Association have already pounced on this latest gaping hole and inconsistency in the letter Charles Green sent to them in April when he was still chief executive.

By the time the SFA replied to Rangers, Green had been booted out of that role, therefore the reply was sent to then chairman Malcolm Murray, now, of course, no longer on the board.

In the letter, the SFA said they were a little bemused by the events of July 2012 in relation to securing Craig Whyte’s shares, as the understanding was by that time the Ahmad-Green Consortium had indicated to Whyte that he would not be part of the structure in the future and that once the asset transfer had gone through they had essentially severed their connections with him.

The SFA further added that in that context it seemed curious Whyte was willing to co-operate with Ahmad to transfer shares and to facilitate the passing of name changing resolutions.

Then, quite properly, the SFA asked what arrangements had been entered into at that point to procure Whyte’s co-operation. The SFA also pointed out that the Administrators had appeared to have insisted on the release of the debenture relating to shares earlier than July 2012.

Finally, the SFA asked why this did not enable the Consortium to take control of the shares?

Why indeed?

It seems, once again, Charles Green has indulged in his old tactic of believing bullshit baffles brains. And once again been caught out.

With still no real clarity as to what the real relationship, as late in post liquidation in July 2012, was between Imran Ahmad, Charles Green and Craig Whyte.

AND......

I am looking forward to meeting The People at a special dinner at Ibrox to launch the first ever biography of the great Bill Struth.

The event, on Saturday September 7th, is being organised by Simon Leslie, the man behind the successful tribute dinner to Iron Curtain goalkeeper Bobby Brown which celebrated his 90th birthday last April.

Further details of the Struth celebration are available on the Follow Follow site or by contacting Simon at sie1872@googlemail.com

Much ado about nothing I suspect.

Pinsents conducted a review into this which cost the club a healthy whack (ca£1m) so I think this is a weak argument from Leggo.

I'd be more interested in an analysis of why Ahmad sold his shares last week.

I have been expecting Leggo's blogs to be completely anti-Green&Co since the EGM resolution was announced, and it will continue to be right up to any EGM takes place.

It is the continual attempt to discredit Green and will soon start to big up the McColl group.

It's all part of the game being played out at our expense, and has been for the last 2 and a half years.

Dont take this as a backing of Green, as it's not, but I find it tiresome and predictable the way the bloggers are playing to the galleries.

It's a PR war all right, and as with all wars, the first casualty is truth.

I really don't understand why people are willing to completely ignore some points of view just because person A or B may be involved.

Since when did Rangers fans have to agree with absolutely everything each other said and if they don't all manner of insult and abuse is cast upon each other. Bizarre behaviour!

I think the problem is that this is not a difference of opinion, it's effectively propaganda to forward some person or group's agenda.

There's nothing wrong with airing your opinions but a repeated, strategic and orchestrated attack on certain Rangers connected people using innuendo and twisting the truth out of recognition to pull the wool over your average bears' eyes really winds people up.

Leggo used to be in our corner and expose the lies about us, now he seems to be hovering over the fine line of bullshit and lying to try and manipulate us (gamekeeper turned poacher?).

I can understand completely why many (including myself) who used to like him don't find him credible in the slightest anymore. And apart from that, his propaganda style has become a very hard read, and close to unreadable (for me anyway).

Despite his writing style being an acquired taste (to put it politely), I still think David Leggat has some great scoops to contribute to the Rangers news and blog community, but only when he actually has a scoop or an intriguing story. Unfortunately, he sometimes has a slow news day and decides to just publish a load of rubbish instead of having a day off.