There's no way they're conning me with the avoid an EGM and roll it into the AGM to save a few quid nonsense after they've spent around £20m raised in an IPO that was only 7 months ago and also spent a massive amount of that money extremely recklessly considering the club's position.

The notion that Green & Co are all of a sudden getting prudent with the club's money when they've been burning through it like spending was going out of fashion is ridiculous and actually extremely condescending to the supporters.

Green & co and their men on the board clearly want to stall for time. Whether they're stalling just to keep up appearances and keep their share prices high while they try to sell at a high price and get out of dodge or whether they're trying to win over some votes ahead of a general meeting through the promise of a membership scheme for the fans and stuff like that is unclear, but I just don't see how they can possibly be trusted.

That supposes that the Mcoll group are naive enough to let themselves get played, which I don't believe for a second. I read it more like McColl and Co allowing the opposition to withdraw with some face and little blood shed.

Don't think a short delay is any big deal. Just think that this a totally inadequate statement issued by inadequate people. Will be amazed if Stockbridge is around for much longer. Mather has been OK but no more than that. No nothing about the contribution from Smart and suspect that I am not alone.

A very poorly written statement indeed.

I don't think it was Mather who wrote it though. Not unless he's gone mad with the pressure and taken to referring to himself in the third person. It reads to me more like the petty amateur hour language I'd expect from Easedale when he doesn't have JI there to polish it up.

The lunatics have well and truely taken over the asylum

Edited by UCF2008

That supposes that the Mcoll group are naive enough to let themselves get played, which I don't believe for a second. I read it more like McColl and Co allowing the opposition to withdraw with some face and little blood shed.

I certainly hope so. Green & co are slippery shysters, but I would like to think they won't be out-smarting Jim McColl & his backers in hurry.

I don't think it was Mather who wrote it though. Not unless he's gone mad with the pressure and taken to referring to himself in the third person.

Maybe it was written for Mather by none other than Charles Green who can't help referring to himself in the 3rd person every two minutes.

It does seem like an obvious step and compromise when the AGM is just around the corner, but actual the requisition of an EGM has symbolic importance - it's raising awareness there is grave concern among some shareholders with a significant holding.

The point is that it's not avoiding an unnecessary AGM that costs the club money, it's just exploiting the fact that an AGM is just around the corner.

Just thinking about this massive board "coup" and could it be that Mather called up McColl and said, "This AGM is a bit of a pain seeing the AGM is just coming up, do you mind doing all our business then? It will save the club a bit of money..."

And McColl says, "Aye, ok then."

Even if only two are replaced at an EGM they are ALL susceptible o be turfed out at the AGM anyway (unless on rotation).

Would take shareholder vote to oust them. The EGM and AGM are virtually identical.

An AGM must still take place regardless of an EGM.

Yeah, I know that mate. Perhaps I'm reading the current board wrong but I think they'd be better served with an EGM. If successful then they can move onto the AGM with all of this behind them for now. Personally I think they're bottling out.

A simple:

"The Board of Directors of Rangers FC have come to an agreement with those parties asking for an EGM to postpone the latter while bringing the AGM forward."

Who wants to know the rest?

That's also what made me think maybe Green wrote it.... all that waffle and bullshit.

God, the more I think about it, it's got Green's hallmark all over it! :ohoh: