As regular readers will know, I strongly oppose the “Requisition Party” in their attempts to bring boardroom change at Ibrox. Although I have been critical of Paul Murray and others, I would never knowingly or intentionally say something I knew to be untrue about them in order to make a point or make them look bad.

Recently I blogged that Scott Murdoch was being proposed by the Requisitioners to be appointed to the board with the purpose of implementing a sale and lease back of Ibrox Stadium and Auchenhowie. I also stated another proposed new board member – Alex Wilson – was being brought in to effect a staff cull at Ibrox.

I have received a legal letter informing me these statements are false. As a result I offered these gentlemen a right to reply on this blog and I am delighted to say this was accepted. This right of reply now follows:-

FROM PAUL MURRAY, MALCOLM MURRAY, SCOTT MURDOCH AND ALEX WILSON

“The suggestion that Scott Murdoch and Alex Wilson were being proposed to the Rangers Board in order that they would implement a sale and leaseback and a staff cull was entirely false and we welcome the opportunity of setting the record straight.

For the avoidance of doubt we have no intentions of selling Ibrox or Auchenhowie. Indeed we would be proposing that Ibrox is “ring-fenced” so that it is legally protected for future generations of fans.”

ENDS

Bill's entitled to his opinion like the rest of us but the blog in question was as daft a bit of writing as I've seen during the last two years.

The claims he made (passed onto him by his usual sources no doubt) were always going to be inaccurate and I'm not surprised the people involved pulled him up for it.

I think a few bloggers need to pause and breath before running to the keyboard when sources throw them a titbit. Sometimes, such information can be wrong and the judge of a good writer is when to recognise that and ca' canny.

A bit off topic but the thing that gets me is that all these guys seem to be able to use potent legal threats to protect their reputation from falsehoods (and sometime stuff that isn't too far away from the truth) but the fans seem powerless in the constant lies, propaganda and libellous bile that comes out of the press and media about us and the reputation of the club...

I think Toxic Jack is leading Bill by his nose, and that Bill is just not smart enough to see through this.

A large portion of the genuine info as well as the bullshit (aka smear/slanderous) stuff McMurdo's getting is almost certainly being fed to him by Jack Irvine, but I'm not convinced that he's running with it and publishing it because he's not smart enough to see through it.

I actually think that he's become a willing participant alongside Jack Irvine in his PR propaganda and smear war against the Requisitioners (McColl, Murray (x2) & co).