Scored a similar one for us a couple of weeks ago.

Side note.... Seems unprofessional to me that the team travel to away games the day before the kick off....... When traveling back to Bermuda yesterday the team and staff (including Jim Leighton and Billy Stark) were in Glasgow airport at 9am. Would have booted Stark in the baws for being stupid enough to not include MacLeod from the start !

If I ran a top division club with a history of antipathy to Rangers, I'd curry favour with the fans by offering a few hundred thousand in January for McLeod.

& if he gets sold out from under us we'll know that the board are really at it!

McCoist should take a leaf out of Lemmon's book - he should stick a £12m price tag on McLeod during a few press conferences. He will probably get mocked for his valuation, but it gets out into the real work and the more its mentioned, the closer it becomes to reality!!!

I think it's a nice idea to follow Septics footsteps by drumming up business when selling players. But it would be a much better strategy in my humble opinion to try to build a club that's attractive for young talented lads so they can stay on long term.

Guest Night Owl
I think it's a nice idea to follow Septics footsteps by drumming up business when selling players. But it would be a much better strategy in my humble opinion to try to build a club that's attractive for young talented lads so they can stay on long term.

I agree on building the club into one with a reputation for developing young lads into fine footballers, however I think we're handicapped with the league we're in. Even when we are back at the top, the top doesn't offer much of a view that stretches beyond England. This is why I don't blame youngsters upping sticks and heading for the border, just look at Snodgrass tonight for Scotland.

Playing at St Mirren 4 times a year has to ware off pretty quickly I'd imagine.

But we can only try and do the best with what we've got.

You're right it's also about the competition you face. That's an obstacle we have to overcome because this is not in our hands. What the club can do is explain players where they are, a team with huge tradition and loyal following. Getting that across is certainly a challenge during times like these.