Any excuse for some to promote their nationalistic agenda. It's a shame they use the armed forces to do it.

Nationalism in any form, be it Scottish OR British is infantile.

Many of the guys promoting the Armed Forces day at Ibrox, do so from a British pride point of view. (Which is fine....)

Like most folks, I don't have any issues with Rangers FC showing gratitude towards those who choose to work for the Army for a living. What I do find grating is how it's being hijacked by some folks who want to peddle a "GIRFUY" agenda to the Timothy.

Many of the guys promoting the Armed Forces day at Ibrox, do so from a British pride point of view. (Which is fine....)

Like most folks, I don't have any issues with Rangers FC showing gratitude towards those who choose to work for the Army for a living. What I do find grating is how it's being hijacked by some folks who want to peddle a "GIRFUY" agenda to the Timothy.

The only ones who do that are timothy themselves.

Are you for real? Can you tell me which of these fine professions allows the freedom to the rest of these listed professions to carry out their quality work. If you must laud their efforts then have a separate day for these other professions on a rolling basis, but do not detract from the fine work our forces do by appeasing the bheast.

Ah yes. Of course. Without these fine soldiers running off to invade Iraq, Afghanistan or god knows where else the cancer nurses and geriatric carers wouldn't be able to do their jobs.

How silly of me to overlook such an obvious truism.

But humour me; Can you tell me which military operation, campaign or war we have been involved since 1945 in has resulted in nurses having more freedom to carry out their work?

I do have an issue with Rangers being so closely associated with the military. I mean, when did this whole "support the troops (once they come back from invading someone else's country)" thing begin? Could it be that it started after Celtic fans had disgraced themselves on national TV by booing the minute's silence? Maybe as an opportunistic response to that?

I'm pretty sure Galloway is a Unionist.

Galloway is a Georgist. What's good for George is what he supports.

George is a fervent supporter of Irish Independence.

George is a fervent opponent of Scottish independence.

George opposes Scottish independence on the grounds that a) all Catholics would be hung from lampposts twenty minutes after the SNP come to power and b) George would be told to sling his hook from the English Parliament and go back to Scotland.

I'll leave you to decide which one keeps Georgie bhoy awake at night.