Why do you seem to have something against soldiers personally?

That's ridiculous and totally out of order IMHO.

Where did you get in RPB's posts that he has "something against soldiers personally" just because he doesn't agree with them marching up and down Ibrox.

I have the greatest of respect for our fighting men but I still don't agree with it either. Yes, we are honouring them; but it is open to the suggestion that they are being used for pseudo football/political purposes and my personal opinion is that that is not right.

As I suggested earlier, if we do continue with the Day, then I feel it should be a much more formal affair and I do not think that the soldiers should be allowed to break ranks and run about the pitch waving scarves and banners of any description.

THat IS a legitimate point; but can you please explain to me what it has got to do with football or Rangers FC?

The crux of his problem with this seemed to be about them 'invading other countries' etc, but as I keep saying the rights and wrongs of the wars have nothing to do with them.

So risking your life isn't bravery? I wasn't claiming cancer nurses aren't brave but you're the one that's created some sort of comparison.

I feel i'm making a legitimate point that the soldiers don't decide whether to go to war or not and you're doing your best to ignore it.

Soldiers can, if they wish, refuse to take part in illegal wars. They can, if they wish, refuse to follow illegal orders.

You may be happy to applaud and cheer people who are "just following orders" and are willing to invade countries that pose no threat to us.

Me? I'd host a parade for somebody like Flight Lieutenant Malcolm Kendall-Smith. Google him.

Actually, strike that. I'd put him in charge of the MoD.

Well they're Rangers fans and we're paying tribute so there's a link there if you like.

I think your analogy is very thin.

Wrong on that anyway; a lot of them were Celtic fans.

I take it you would pay tribute regardless of which team they support?

Therefore in reality it has nothing to do with football.

Soldiers can, if they wish, refuse to take part in illegal wars. They can, if they wish, refuse to follow illegal orders.

You may be happy to applaud and cheer people who are "just following orders" and are willing to invade countries that pose no threat to us.

Me? I'd host a parade for somebody like Flight Lieutenant Malcolm Kendall-Smith. Google him.

Actually, strike that. I'd put him in charge of the MoD.

'Illegal' was and still is in some ways (albeit it is something of a consensus now) an assumption, at the time they were told like everyone else about weapons of mass destruction, you seriously think it was just so simple to disobey their country? We're greatly focusing on one time period as well, the British army have done much good in wars that very much were necessary. We need an armed forces even if you think we don't (i'm assuming there, you maybe don't think that).

Do you not even have the slightest bit of respect for their bravery and sacrifice?

Guest Night Owl

This appears to be a waste of police time, although a great opportunity for the army to impress young impressionable minds.

I have many friends in the armed forces so I'll stay out of the debate although its sometimes good to remember we're all responsible for the choices we make in life.

POLICE have submitted a report to prosecutors over alleged sectarian singing by soldiers at Rangers’ Ibrox Stadium, but have not yet recommended charges against any individuals involved.

Officers were called in after video footage was circulated online which appeared to show uniformed troops interacting with fans while singing about loyalist organisations during an Armed Forces Day event between Rangers and Stenhousemuir on September 28.

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: “Following a full inquiry by Police Scotland, a report on the circumstances was submitted to the procurator fiscal and the military. At this time the inquiry is completed. However, if new information does come to light, it will of course be acted upon.”

But the Crown Office said the document did not recommend the prosecution of any individual suspects.

It said: “We have not as yet received a prosecution report in respect of any specific individuals and as such there are currently no ongoing proceedings in relation to this incident.”

The Ministry of Defence could not confirm if any disciplinary action had been taken against armed forces members, but said it planned to carry on with events at Ibrox and other clubs.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/rangers-no-charges-sought-over-soldier-song-claim-1-3147165