Mather takes £300K with him!

IMHO a mock outcry. Not that I like it, but to me this is no different to sending Bocanegra and/or Goian away with a neat pay-off package that was even less validated.

Totally different.

Imagine a top paid player saying, "I don't want to play for you any more, now give me a year's pay with bonuses and I'll be on my way."

It would have been significantly more expensive and time consuming to try to sack him for cause, especially when we are in such a mess.

Did we really want even more of our dirty laundry washed in public?

Hopefully there is a confidentiality clause in the severance agreement; that would have been bought at a price, probabaly at least half the total. How much could he get for selling his story?

Get real people, it's the cost of doing business and making mistakes.

It would have been significantly more expensive and time consuming to try to sack him for cause, especially when we are in such a mess.

Did we really want even more of our dirty laundry washed in public?

Hopefully there is a confidentiality clause in the severance agreement; that would have been bought at a price, probabaly at least half the total. How much could he get for selling his story?

but it's an incestuous little mistake. the board bring him in as there mate and 3 months later hes gone with a huge pay off.

its nothing short of gross mismanagement of our funds.

Well he must have been sacked, if he resigned he was entitled to nothing.

No, with respect, you're missing out the "by mutual agreement".

On the contrary, if he was sacked for gross misconduct, he would have been entitled to nothing except perhaps any notice in his contract. But that would have been extremely difficult to prove and costly in terms of lawyers fees and at the end there would most likley have been a compromise settlement. Better to get it over and done with now, however much the amount irks.

but it's an incestuous little mistake. the board bring him in as there mate and 3 months later hes gone with a huge pay off.

Perhaps so; and you will have the opportunity to vote out those responsible at the AGM.

Guest Moody Blue

Don't agree "better to get it over with", but do agree about the mutual consent bit being the difference, didn't see you earlier response to a similar point before posting.

Is it only 3 months? That makes it £375k for his time or £1.5m per year remuneration. So now we sack Stockbridge for mismanagement in this case and give him the same...

£1m left in April? I doubt there will even be any office pens left when that thieving lot are done.

It seems that in the business world, making mistakes is very lucrative. The more people try to justify the business world the more it comes across as a seedy, corrupt underworld full of criminal minds clever enough to just about stay within the very indulgent laws.