Mather takes £300K with him!

Someone needs sacked at Ibrox and it isn't stockbridge or the easdales. Who ever is stealing these documents if true, should be found out and prosecuted.

The buck stops with them. If they aren't the ones doing the leaking, they've had long enough to prevent it continuing and failed and therefore it's them that have to take a major share of the responsibility.

As Craig and Darther (thanks for agreeing with me) have pointed out the Compnay has fullfilled its obligations to give 12 months notice or pay in lieu and no amount of extrapolation can change that.

I would be very interested to know the wording of

a sacking clause
and does anyone really think that if we are able to attract someone of higher quality than Mather e.g. Purslow, he would settle for anything less than the same 12 months notice, or that level of salary for that matter.

As Craig and Darther (thanks for agreeing with me) have pointed out the Compnay has fullfilled its obligations to give 12 months notice or pay in lieu and no amount of extrapolation can change that..

If he was sacked for not doing his job properly then he should have been subject to normal disciplinary procedures, resulting in dismissal without pay. One has to wonder why that wasn't done.

I would also query why someone employed on an interim basis was given a 12 month notice period.

It all points to a pre-arranged dismissal so he, like so many others, could walk away with a large payment from us.

If he was sacked for not doing his job properly then he should have been subject to normal disciplinary procedures, resulting in dismissal without pay. One has to wonder why that wasn't done.

I would also query why someone employed on an interim basis was given a 12 month notice period.

It all points to a pre-arranged dismissal so he, like so many others, could walk away with a large payment from us.

Wasn't he confirmed as permanent CEO?

Yes but his interim CEO contract had the same 12 months notice period.

Irrelevant if it was succeeded by a permanent contract; as you have already said 12 months notice is normal for a CEO at this level.

Unless he was caught with his hand in the till, I don't see that sacking him as BD suggests was a realistic option.

Irrelevant if it was succeeded by a permanent contract; as you have already said 12 months notice is normal for a CEO at this level.

Unless he was caught with his hand in the till, I don't see that sacking him as BD suggests was a realistic option.

Fair point.

We don't see everything obviously but what we have seen wouldn't normally suggest gross misconduct.

Guest Night Owl

Gonna see if I can pull this stunt at work.

Have a wee cup of tea with the bosses and come to a '' mutual agreement '' that we part ways with 300k in my trousers.

Let you know how it goes.

Have a wee cup of tea with the bosses and come to a '' mutual agreement '' that we part ways with 300k in my trousers.

If you have a job that pays £300k pa plus bonuses, then I'd hang on to it if I was you. Jobs like that don't grow on trees.

Easily done...go for it.

Hand in your resignation and come to mutual agreement about not working your notice. You will receive payment in respect of your notice period, whatever that may be.