It's always interesting to come onto forums the day after the game and read the different opinions.

Personally I thought we started the game brightly and did OK for the first 15-20 mins without really looking all that dangerous. After that we struggled a bit but still could have scored four or five goals with McCulloch and Mohnsi missing with two headers from two excellent corners by Peralta. Then he and Law both hit the bar with excellent shots. Add in the denied stonewall penalty then that reflects just how much of the play we did have - without being at our best.

After half-time is where it got a bit more disappointing. Stenhousemuir seemed to push forward a bit more and we struggled to maintain possession in the same we had done before half-time. During this phase we still looked comfortable enough defensively though but were lucky not to go behind - although Daly should have scored when Peralta slipped him in with a low header. Fortunately we got the all important goal and after that again we controlled the game and really should have scored one or two more.

Generally speaking I was extremely disappointed in Macleod (who didn't look fit), Foster (who continually sat too deep) and Clark (who struggled to really affect the game). Positives were some good corners (our free-kicks were poor though) and the desire of Law and Black who were always looking to try and create. I also expected a lot more from Templeton when he came on but, like a few players, he seemed to struggle with the surface and his touch was poor.

All in all, yes we didn't play well, but it wasn't all as bad as some want to make out.

We need to remember that Macleod is only a wean and will not play well in every game and considering that McCoist continually plays him out of position, I thought he did ok.

I do agree that his performances have dipped in the last few weeks though, seems to be trying the Hollywood pass more often which is brilliant if it works, but 99/100, it doesn't.

We need to remember that Macleod is only a wean and will not play well in every game and considering that McCoist continually plays him out of position, I thought he did ok.

I do agree that his performances have dipped in the last few weeks though, seems to be trying the Hollywood pass more often which is brilliant if it works, but 99/100, it doesn't.

No-one is a bigger fan of Macleod than me and I agree that he's perhaps wasted on the left of this midfield three that McCoist is using for now. However, he was very poor last night and certainly our most ineffective midfielder.

It didn't help that in the first half at least, Stenhousemuir seemed to double up on him and Wallace which made us play up the right flank more than the left. That's why Peralta seen more of the ball and, for me at least, was more effective until he went off.

I like the look of Peralta - set up three chances that really should have been converted and was very unlucky with the screamer that came off the bar.

Must admit, I'm a bit confused by the negativity some have shown to him. He was far from brilliant last night but, in the first half at least, he was our most creative player and didn't do all that much wrong. He seemed to keep things simple, kept possession well enough and his crossing was pretty good - especially his corners.

On the negative side, he took one very poor free kick and could have been a bit more physical at times. Other than that, I'm not sure what else people expect; even if he's clearly not the type of player that will storm past defenders at pace.

Certainly, the widely considered direct replacement for him was a lot worse when he came on.

Must admit, I'm a bit confused by the negativity some have shown to him. He was far from brilliant last night but, in the first half at least, he was our most creative player and didn't do all that much wrong. He seemed to keep things simple, kept possession well enough and his crossing was pretty good - especially his corners.

On the negative side, he took one very poor free kick and could have been a bit more physical at times. Other than that, I'm not sure what else people expect; even if he's clearly not the type of player that will storm past defenders at pace.

Certainly, the widely considered direct replacement for him was a lot worse when he came on.

The few times I've seen Peralta play, I've not been overly impressed with him. Some of his passing hasn't been great. However last night I saw a bit more of him and I'm hopeful he'll settle in nicely

Obviously, depite the scores of late, the fact that we employ four central midfielders across our mdifield is bound to raise not only eyebrows, but also questions. Ally sure has the personal to rotate his squad and should take the opportunity while he can. No-one knows when injury happens by and I for one fear that we may soon see Hutton back in the starting line up instead of McKay and Templeton.

IMHO, Little got his rest, now he can go back in there. Give Macleod a break, send Peralta next to Law, and give our wings some pace and entertainment value too, if only from 60 mins onwards.

The few times I've seen Peralta play, I've not been overly impressed with him. Some of his passing hasn't been great. However last night I saw a bit more of him and I'm hopeful he'll settle in nicely

Don't get me wrong, he's clearly not Brian Laudrup and I'm yet to be persuaded right wing is his best position but he looks capable enough to me.

People have to remember this lad has come from a completely different continent, doesn't speak the language and I'm not sure how many 3G pitches they have in Honduras. Let's give the guy a bit of time before we label him a dud.

Obviously, depite the scores of late, the fact that we employ four central midfielders across our mdifield is bound to raise not only eyebrows, but also questions. Ally sure has the personal to rotate his squad and should take the opportunity while he can. No-one knows when injury happens by and I for one fear that we may soon see Hutton back in the starting line up instead of McKay and Templeton.

IMHO, Little got his rest, now he can go back in there. Give Macleod a break, send Peralta next to Law, and give our wings some pace and entertainment value too, if only from 60 mins onwards.

I think we'll see one of the more orthodox wingers start when at home but McCoist will prefer to keep it a bit tighter away. I'd agree in a general sense though that we should have the ability to play two strikers and one winger in any game.