Obviously, depite the scores of late, the fact that we employ four central midfielders across our mdifield is bound to raise not only eyebrows, but also questions. Ally sure has the personal to rotate his squad and should take the opportunity while he can. No-one knows when injury happens by and I for one fear that we may soon see Hutton back in the starting line up instead of McKay and Templeton.

IMHO, Little got his rest, now he can go back in there. Give Macleod a break, send Peralta next to Law, and give our wings some pace and entertainment value too, if only from 60 mins onwards.

I think Little should be in the team but are you advocating dropping Black?

I think Little should be in the team but are you advocating dropping Black?

Nope, I'm advocating to rotate the central midfield partnership, starting with Macleod. He sure is an inspiration, but I vividly remember what happened to Fleck. Lewis has been ever present and IMHO needs the odd game out to a) keep his feet on the ground and b) get the chance to reload the batteries. We will be in dire need of his enthusiasm and freshness in months if not years to come.

Likewise, I wouldn't mind if we revert to an attack-minded 4-5-1 on away grounds on occasion (sic), with Little and e.g. Templeton take up winger/inside slots behind a centre forward.

As I said, the results show that Ally's tactics are merited, but is there real need to have 3 or 4 central midfielders when playing at Ibrox? For nigh 90 mins?

I'm sure I heard McCoist say that he likes a narrow formation & this was evident last night.

The team setup was predictable & Stenny setup accordingly - and they did their job well. They flooded their defence when required & pushed forward in numbers when they got the chance. This gave us very little room to manoeuvre due to the number of bodies in the penalty area & midfield.

I think McCoist brought on the right players in Little & Temps, but I think he withdrew the wrong ones. I would have taken off Peralta & McLeod, with Little & Temps going on the wings - the team needed width to draw some of the Stenny players out of the box & create some space to move. McLeod is not a winger, then again neither is Little, but he was the best option available for that position.

Also, having Temps on the left means that he is ALWAYS gonna cut in.....and teams know that.

Ultimately though, we won and are through to the final.

Guest DietofWorms
I thought Foster had another poor game,he should have been taken off

Yes..Ricky Foster was a weird signing IMO. He seems to do the wrong thing a lot of the time. Very frustrating to watch.

Foster has been ineffective, I wish we had retained Mitchell and given him his chance at RB. He deserved it after last season, but seems to have been made the fall guy for the loss at Forfar, even though he only played 45 mins.