Trying to get back to some football topics....

Must say that when we signed Daly I wasnt overly enthused by his signing as I thought he would be "just another target man".

When home in July the Rangers coaches we were dealing with told me that McCoist couldnt stop raving about Daly and said he hasd been exceptional even though they had only had a couple of pre-season games.

Seems that I may have to start eating humble pie.

He is far more mobile than I thought he was, no slouch on the ground, brings others into the game well and, after his first few games where you could tell he was desperate to score, has found his rhythm and looks like he could score in every game.

Whether he will still be able to do it when back in the SPFL (or whatever they are calling it today) is another story, but the big fella is still, IMHO, proving his worth this season - and it often takes players longer than he has to settle at a new club - he looks like he has been with us for years.

Keep up the good work big fella !

I think I was in the minority being pleased when we signed him. I used to hate when we played Utd and it was Daly with Goodwillie or Russell up top. Caused us no ends of problems. He misses a few chances too but what striker doesn't - Super Ally for one! Like you Craig I'm not sure he'll be around the starting line up by the time we get back to the SPHell or whatever its called nowadays!

After his first few games, he started to get some mild stick coz he hadn't scored. However I was impressed at his work rate - he looked hungry to get involved in the game and while he wasn't scoring he was still VERY productive and clearly and asset to the team.

Given a few games together, I'm pretty sure that Daly & Clark will make Jig and Little's scoring last season look pretty mediocre.

Guest Night Owl

I was pleased when we signed him, he always came across as big honest fella.

After watching him in the SPL it was clear why McCoist fancied him he gives you more than brawn. His movement, timing, positioning and work rate is second nature to him.

When I was a member of another forum before joining here, Daly's reception was shall I say, bigoted and it was one of many reason why I left that forum. Glad to see that people are open and fair minded enough to give the guy a chance and ease their doubts.

Daly I could understand, Sandaza......not so much.

I personally have no interest in the "other reasons" that people didnt want to sign him. Thankfully the vast, vast majority on Gersnet just want the best player available to us at the right price (FREE.....) on the cheapest wages :D

I think his first touch and ability to bring others into the game were evident from his very first games with us. His goals were always going to come and no doubt he will hit another dry spell at some point this season.

A great signing for us.

Also good to hear so many stories (particularly from other players) about how nice a guy he is and how he is always talking to the the younger boys and passing on his knowledge.

Yes, Daly has so far proved a very astute signing. Not only is he a good player and starting to score goals regularly but he's a leader on the pitch and in the dressing room too and that was sorely missing last season.

The lad is great. He seems to be all you want from a professional plus he's got a good age so he's able to lead the younger guys. I like him as a striker, big, heavy, mobile, good with the head and overall hard to get away from the ball. One of my favourite Gers right now for sure, if not No 1.