Why ? He will be guaranteed a pay off what ever happens

That's true but he'd also be out of a job.

I believe the guy has jumped from job to job in recent years so I'd be surprised if he put aside a more settled position just for the sake of a few extra quid.

Why would the CEO of a club even consider jacking in his current job to take another one, at albeit a much bigger club, which may only last 6 weeks???

Scott Gardiner must be away of the current goings on within the Ibrox Boardroom, if not how much use is he going to be???

... or, for some reason, the current board is pretty sure that they have the voting power?

BTW, I still assume that much of what the Nomad and the board are doing right now is looking to comply with AIM / SM guidelines. Furthermore, I would assume they also look at people adapt in the Scottish landscape and who won't command the fees of a Purslow and/or Blin (or does anyone expect that these will come on the cheap?).

As Frankie has said, it is hard to tell what the ultimate gains or aims of such appointments will be.

I realise we need a CEO but with the kind of payoffs we're giving it seems to be stupid appointing someone now when he could be removed in six weeks.

So, how much is he on at Dundee? Bet it's not on the same planet as £600k. When you consider St Mirren's total wage bill in 2011 was £2.2m they can't have been paying their CEO much more than a normal wage.

That's true but he'd also be out of a job.

I believe the guy has jumped from job to job in recent years so I'd be surprised if he put aside a more settled position just for the sake of a few extra quid.

You know things are bad when being an employee of twice bankrupt Dundee FC is described as a 'more settled position'! I wonder if he'd take John Brown with him... :box:

Supposing he gets five times the salary to that at Dundee, does the job for six weeks and then gets a one year pay off. That's five years of Dundee sized wages banked. I think I know which seems more settled as he could lose his job at Dundee any time in that five years.

If he's any good he's bound to find another job and still keep the money.