RFC Statement: Today's Daily Record

Another day, another club statement:

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/5577-todays-daily-record

Re Daily Record (Friday, 15 November 2013) – “Powerless – Gardiner says no to Gers top job as Ibrox board refuse to let him run club his way”

For the avoidance of doubt the club would like to clarify the following:-

- Mr Gardiner never made demands about having the power to hire and fire directors. Any journalist with a modicum of business understanding would know that would be a preposterous demand.

- Mr Gardiner made no comments whatsoever about the "Rangers PR machine." Indeed he had many constructive and friendly face to face meetings and phone calls with our PR adviser.

- We are satisfied that Mr Gardiner’s views are not reflected in The Record which raises the question – did he actually speak to the paper?

The Rangers board continue to be dismayed at the standards of journalism from The Daily Record and can only assume that the paper is riddled from top to bottom with an anti-Rangers bias.

I won't pretend to know the ins and outs of what happened with Gardiner - and I'm certainly no fan of the Record - but that statement really is awful. Looks like it was written by a huffy schoolgirl. Embarrassing.

Whoever the new CEO is needs to be prepared to go after the pondlife employed in these publications and take appropriate action where required. A indefinite ban from Ibrox for this newspaper and its so-called journalists will do for starters.

Why is our PR advisor involved in the CEO recruitment process?

That's what's most bizarre about it. If I'm going for an interview for a CEO position (or other executive directorship) I would not expect to have any contact with a third party suppliers, especially PR (a relatively insignificant part of a football club), nevermind have "many constructive and friendly face to face meetings and phone calls with our PR adviser."

WTF is that all about? Is Irvine the one who's actually running the club at the moment?

D'Art posted this back at the beginning of the month .......

"I have a suspicion Frankie that the boardroom battle may be won - not by the quality of the Requisitioner's statements - but more the poverty of Irvine's responses."

I think he might be right.