Keith Jackson: It's time Celtic & Rangers played the game.. and not the galleries

Exactly.... first thought was ( What have the journalists been doing these past two year, playing the game or playing to the gallery ? )

Second thought is that we really needto find a new name for them.

Woodward and Bernstein were Journalists.

A reporter is someone like John Pilger.

A writer describes Hugh Mcilvanney

I'm trying to think of a word which describes the employees of the Record. "Twats" is the closest I've come up with so far, but it has nothing to do with journalism.

Mind you, neither do they.

I don't think you can compare Peter Lawwell stirring things with a tabloid journalist stirring things. Lawwell's stirring adds a veneer of official endorsement to the demented green hordes, that's far more dangerous than anything the Record or the Sun can ever write on the subject.

I think the media have been fairly good on this, Lawwell has been publicly criticised, I've not read or heard anyone back him.

He starts off sounding almost objective and then returns to type at the end, demonstrating a massive lack of self awareness in the process.

There is plenty wrong with his article even down to the Lawell and Green comparison which is at least as different as a serial felon who is significantly in a position power, and some Joe perpetrating misdemeanours while protesting against the very real sins of the state.

But the second big difference is that our support actually are savvy to what is going on. We drove Green out while Celtic fans would be happy to have Lawwell canonised. We cringe at the Rangers board outburst while they rejoice in the lack of integrity from their leader.

There is only one set of people, (from all fans, boards, the media and the SFA) who show any sort of class, intelligence, self awareness or sense of objectivity. I suppose this explains why, "we are the people".

As much as I'd like to hit the 'agree' button, there are plums both in our and their support, just as there are in every club's support.

While I agree with that, I think there is a vast difference with the proportions. We seem to have a large proportion of slightly biased but reasonably objective thinkers that is not apparent for them at any level from fans to player, to manager, to chairman - or even most of the press in this country.

I dunno, there's a good reason I couldn't look at RM anymore. Gersnet might have the thinkers you're talking about , I would agree there.

You could be right, I don't think I know enough of either set of fans to come to a decision on proportions tbh.

I don't read RM, and I'm only on here I suppose and so may live a sheltered Rangers life.

But you look at any of their sites and it's almost a 100% hate fest with what seems like more bile filled threads about us than talking about their own stuff.

Look at any anti-Rangers "journalist" and those more "pro-Rangers" and it's chalk and cheese with the lies, smears and propaganda almost entirely in one direction. (They do criticise Celtic but it is done far more respectful and is usually very justified.)

Look on the Scotsman or equivalent for comments and Rangers articles riddled with hate-filled crap by Tims unwilling to even step out of the repetitive, dumbed down rhetoric to debate, but you don't see much of a vice versa going on.

Their manager and CEO make totally out of order remarks, quips and jokes; ours just don't - even Green.

Ours criticise our board and fans about political stuff and behaviour when they think it's due, theirs close ranks and start a huge propaganda defensive.

Theirs complain and campagne in huge numbers to anyone they can about the smallest things about us, ours don't.

Theirs infiltrate the SFA, the council and bigotry watchdogs and turn everything against us while helping their own, ours don't.

I could go on and on.

Jackson also neglects to mention the real issue with the "joke". Lawwell is also a member of the governing bodies professional game board.

It's probably no mistake that he didn't go down that path. Much safer for his career if he sticks to kicking the hell out of hornet's nests and writing nonsense on the slow news days.