Keith Jackson: It's time Celtic & Rangers played the game.. and not the galleries

Guest Night Owl

How cool would it be if we could raise enough money to actually hire some city centre rooms and have a real Gersnet Gentleman's Club, complete with bar, dining room, and giant screen TV? Ah, if only!

I'd happily work the door looking exactly like that of my Avatar. I'd even stand the same way.

I'd happily work the door looking exactly like that of my Avatar. I'd even stand the same way.

I see an old ironwork lift inside one of Glasgow's many magnificent city centre buildings, operated by an elderly, retired Bear. After riding the rickety old thing (the lift, that is) to the top floor, heavy mahogany doors open to reveal a richly furnished, deep pile carpeted room, boasting a vista over the chimneys of our post-industrial metropolis. Leather armchairs are pulled up to the open fire, quality newspapers & periodicals are being perused over a warming brandy. On a sideboard, various cold cuts await the hungry Bear while in the kitchen, Michelin starred chups, that staple of the Weegie diet, are being prepared.

In a corner, Super Ally tries to control his temper as AMMS waves a warning finger: 'none of those nasty sectarian songs, young man!'; elsewhere, Gribz, his body wrecked by years of alcohol and travel, has collapsed in a pile of his own airmiles. Gunslinger is trying to persuade someone to go and see 'Philomena' with him after the game, while Zappa, taking a break from annoying everyone over 30 with his young people's dance music, is putting the finishing touches to his wall mural. After Diego Rivera, he calls it 'Blakey, Controller of the Boardroom'.

Upon the clock striking 2, the club shall empty as one and all head for the tube or chauffeured charabanc to make their way to Ibrox.

I could really dig it.

I see an old ironwork lift inside one of Glasgow's many magnificent city centre buildings, operated by an elderly, retired Bear.

There was a lift like that in the building where Toye Kenning and Spencer was. Remember it well, from when I used to go there for various bits and pieces.

There's more...

Frankie and the rest of the Tranent crew are arguing in vain for Grope, the waiter, to bring them salt and sauce for their chups, eh. He stands, arms folded, insisting he's never heard of such a thing.

The Real Papa Bear has derBerliner pinned to the wall, regaling him with his adventures in Germany back in the day. Craig is trying to tell anyone who'll listen that living in the Bermuda isn't that great, but no one is buying. Bluedell sits, brow furrowed, worried about the Gentleman's Club accounts and when we will see them, while Pete tries to tune the TV to popular Dutch TV show, 'Totalle Wipoot'. This week's show, from Amsterdam, promises to be a good 'un, as brave or foolish contestants have to drive a tram through a square full of Tims.

There's more...

Frankie and the rest of the Tranent crew are arguing in vain for Grope, the waiter, to bring them salt and sauce for their chups, eh. He stands, arms folded, insisting he's never heard of such a thing.

The Real Papa Bear has derBerliner pinned to the wall, regaling him with his adventures in Germany back in the day. Craig is trying to tell anyone who'll listen that living in the Bermuda isn't that great, but no one is buying. Bluedell sits, brow furrowed, worried about the Gentleman's Club accounts and when we will see them, while Pete tries to tune the TV to popular Dutch TV show, 'Totalle Wipoot'. This week's show, from Amsterdam, promises to be a good 'un, as brave or foolish contestants have to drive a tram through a square full of Tims.

it's fun once in a while, but you know that stuff's not good for you long term, right?