So are you suggesting that RM is somehow equivalent to the RST?

Im not suggesting anything, Im stating its my belief that it is utterly hypocritical for a member of an organisation who lauded CG to criticise others who did.

Furthermore it is totally unrepresentative, as well as divisive, to label any forum as Pro-Green or whatever. I very early had my doubts about CG (most notably after his "Charles Green's Rangers" comments) and wrote several unfavourable blogs about him which were published on RM. I dont recall there being unanimous objection to any of these - quite the opposite in fact.

Im not suggesting anything' date=' Im stating its my belief that it is utterly hypocritical for a member of an organisation who lauded CG to criticise others who did.

Furthermore it is totally unrepresentative, as well as divisive, to label any forum as Pro-Green or whatever. I very early had my doubts about CG (most notably after his "Charles Green's Rangers" comments) and wrote several unfavourable blogs about him which were published on RM. I dont recall there being unanimous objection to any of these - quite the opposite in

fact.[/quote']

Then maybe you should have said that instead of your original 'throwaway' remark which seemed to be more of an exercise in 'whataboutery' than anything else.

People made mistakes when it came to Charles Green. I was one of them. From my uninformed perspective, it seemed like he was doing a decent job. He had recapitalised the club, the playing side was settling down and he had taken the side of the support in a number of issues. He struck me as a street fighter, which we needed, and I was willing to forgive the gaffes. Of course, that was before Walter resigned or we knew about the financial goings on at the club and the personal enrichment of certain individuals.

So you form an opinion and that opinion changes as more information comes to light. The RST was not alone in making the same mistake. But they have recognised their mistake and moved on. Trying to score cheap points on that basis is, in my opinion, rather unworthy of you.

Im not suggesting anything' date=' Im stating its my belief that it is utterly hypocritical for a member of an organisation who lauded CG to criticise others who did.

Furthermore it is totally unrepresentative, as well as divisive, to label any forum as Pro-Green or whatever. I very early had my doubts about CG (most notably after his "Charles Green's Rangers" comments) and wrote several unfavourable blogs about him which were published on RM. I dont recall there being unanimous objection to any of these - quite the opposite in fact.[/quote']

Perhaps the RST were in favour of Green at the time. :)

Then maybe you should have said that instead of your original 'throwaway' remark which seemed to be more of an exercise in 'whataboutery' than anything else.

People made mistakes when it came to Charles Green. I was one of them. From my uninformed perspective, it seemed like he was doing a decent job. He had recapitalised the club, the playing side was settling down and he had taken the side of the support in a number of issues. He struck me as a street fighter, which we needed, and I was willing to forgive the gaffes. Of course, that was before Walter resigned or we knew about the financial goings on at the club and the personal enrichment of certain individuals.

So you form an opinion and that opinion changes as more information comes to light. The RST was not alone in making the same mistake. But they have recognised their mistake and moved on. Trying to score cheap points on that basis is, in my opinion, rather unworthy of you.

Its not a "throwaway remark" when it is entirely factual.

And its ironic you mention "points scoring" given the circumstances of the original comment. Or does the right to change ones mind only apply to certain groups ?

The divide between our support seems to be getting worse with each passing week.

Reading Forums and twitter you have to wonder how it will end up. :(

I wouldn't pay much attention to what you see online mate. We all seem to get on fine at matches. Who knows who these people are on forums who are causing the bother. Very possibly not Rangers fans!

I wouldn't pay much attention to what you see online mate. We all seem to get on fine at matches. Who knows who these people are on forums who are causing the bother. Very possibly not Rangers fans!

I know mate, I honestly think they take sides depending who some others are against, nothing to do with the merits of the argument.

I was reading a thread on FF this morning, and the abuse McCoist was getting was unbelievable, no matter whether you disagree with someone, surely there's a line you shouldn't cross.

I know mate, I honestly think they take sides depending who some others are against, nothing to do with the merits of the argument.

I was reading a thread on FF this morning, and the abuse McCoist was getting was unbelievable, no matter whether you disagree with someone, surely there's a line you shouldn't cross.

I am surprised that was allowed on there tbh.