What would be committing suicide, does Ally know the outcome of the vote already, why would he say it would be suicide to vote against the present board surely they could still lose the vote unless Ally knows the voting percentages are enough to carry the present board.

I do wish he would keep his own counsel at times, being everyone's friend never works out.

but the thing is, we don't know what the question was to which he replied, “That would be committing suicide, to be honest with you,”

What is "that"?

McCoist is in an impossible situation; he can't back the present board because he almost certainly wants the others to win; he can't back the others because he is an employee of the present board.

but the thing is, we don't know what the question was to which he replied, “That would be committing suicide, to be honest with you,”

What is "that"?

McCoist is in an impossible situation; he can't back the present board because he almost certainly wants the others to win; he can't back the others because he is an employee of the present board.

McCoist either answered or responded to something which appears to be this; McCoist has still not decided which side he will publicly endorse, but is in a situation which makes it highly unlikely he would oppose his current employers.

“That would be committing suicide, to be honest with you,” said McCoist. “I haven’t made up my mind yet how I’m going to vote. It doesn’t put me in an uncomfortable position at all, because the one thing I will certainly do, and have always attempted to do, is to do the right thing for the club. It’s something I will think about nearer the time.

Ally could do the right thing and stand up right now and be counted as to his beliefs about who he will support, his prevaricating of sorts is not surprising as he has backed every incumbent there has been, perhaps his job is the most important thing rather than what is seen to be morally right under the circumstances by some.

What is "that"?

Spot on! And you can bet your bottom dollar you can replace "that" with "stating how I will vote at this stage". The press pack at their snidiest best. And they always get away with hiding behind the line "we write the articles but we have nothing to do with the headlines", but on this occasion it has clearly been edited as well. Low life that they are at times.

Ally is without doubt a true Ranger and one I trust,anybody who thinks he is not acting in the best interest of Rangers is nuts!.

“That would be committing suicide, to be honest with you,” said McCoist. “I haven’t made up my mind yet how I’m going to vote. It doesn’t put me in an uncomfortable position at all, because the one thing I will certainly do, and have always attempted to do, is to do the right thing for the club. It’s something I will think about nearer the time.''

Ally is without doubt a true Ranger and one I trust,anybody who thinks he is not acting in the best interest of Rangers is nuts!.

The paper appears to have updated its headline to Ally will back the board although I can't see any justification for it !

Ally McCoist to back the board at next Rangers AGM, as he believes the club's "best interests are at heart".

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDMQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailyrecord.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Ffootball-news%2Fally-mccoist-back-board-next-2841342&ei=oX2QUsnTG4WN7QaNk4DwBg&usg=AFQjCNHdo9N9LPlZwAJPFCqvDCuoUiEGxw&bvm=bv.56988011,d.ZGU&cad=rja

as i say ally will do what walter asks and after my dinner with walter last friday i would be stunned if thats not voting for mccoll.

but this whole thing need not be back and white for any shareholder ally can vote for the 4 requisitoners and the current board.

though i doubt many will vote for stockbridge.

as i say ally will do what walter asks and after my dinner with walter last friday i would be stunned if thats not voting for mccoll.

Were you at the hotel in EK last Friday night GS? I ended up at the Albertz night in Blantyre, and I wished I had been in EK for the Walter Night (although big Jorg was class). Did you see the two boys, Stuart and Graham, getting presented with the framed picture of Walter in tribute to their dad Rab who collapsed and died on the EKFC training pitch the week before? That was a class gesture wasn't it? One of the boys sent a text absolutely thrilled to bits (as were the whole family).