£995k Windfall From Jelavic Transfer - But

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-receive-1m-sale-nikica-2849016?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

IBROX creditors left furious after joint liquidators BDO inform them of Nikica Jelavic windfall but warm them they are unlikely to get a

penny of the £995,000 received.

OLDCO Rangers have received a further £1million from the sale of former star Nikica Jelavic – but creditors won’t see a penny of it.

Joint liquidators BDO wrote to 276 creditors this month informing them of the windfall but warning them they were unlikely to get any of the cash.

The letter said a payment of £995,000 had been received and they were expecting a further £1.058million in May 2014.

The payments relate to the transfer of striker Jelavic, who left Ibrox for Everton in January 2012 in a deal worth £5million.

Alan Duncan, who worked as the club’s kids’ entertainer and is still owed more than £2000, said: “I haven’t had a single penny of what I am owed.

“The Jelavic money should be used to pay the businesses they owe money to but it’s clear they have no intentions of doing that.

“I don’t think I will ever see the money I am owed.

“I was a Rangers fan and I employed six others to work there but they lost their jobs too.

“I am just peed off by the whole thing.”

The letter from BDO also revealed that the liquidators made a whopping £635,000 acting on Rangers’ behalf between October 2012 and March this year.

Legal fees of more than £500,000 have also been paid out to various firms using cash from the liquidation estate.

Does any creditor actually expect to see much of any money BDO receives? Is anyone surprised that BDO, much like D&P, have first pick on any money received?

IMHO, if this money is used for legal fees to unravel anything Whyte, HMRC and Lloyd's did, would any Rangers man object?

You have to admire the "Oldco Rangers" remark though.

Sidenote, since Everton still owe "the club" money, can we have him back in January? He ain't playing for Everton anyways ... (yeah, that was tongue-in-cheek on various levels)

Sidenote, since Everton still owe "the club" money, can we have him back in January? He ain't playing for Everton anyways ... (yeah, that was tongue-in-cheek on various levels)

Does that not also mean that Everton are cheating in the PL?? You know, the same for of cheating we were accused of from fans of other clubs because we still had outstanding payments for Lee Wallace?

(also...tongue in cheek)