Moyes tried for 11 years to get Everton above Man Utd and now he has succeeded.

Yet another defeat and 12 points off the top.

Everton were far better shape than Utd and look more like scoring.

The appointment just wasn't right. I admire Man Utd giving a British manager the chance but surely the football club is more important that a few morales about continuity of a manager. Jose whilst not hanging around for too long would have kept the trophies coming. When Liverpool were winning in the 70s and 80s they did it under 4 managers which says the club was all ok and the players were up for it. But perhaps its just the cycle of football.

This is a side that won the league at a canter last year but don't look like they will finish top 6 this season. I didn't tip them for top 4. I understand managers need time but that's normally when things aren't going well. This is the champions and they have been derailed.

They need 2 players in the quality of Fabregas, Sneidier, Modric, Schweinsteiger, Xavi, Iniesta. They should break the bank in January for Juan Mata. The centre midfields and creativity of the other big 3 is not worth comparing.

Chelsea have Oscar, Hazard, Lampard, Ramiries, Essien, Mata, etc.

Man City have Silva, Toure, Fernandinho, Nasri etc

Arsenal have Ozil, Ramsay, Wilshire, Arteta, Flamini, Rosicky, Cazorla

Edited by Gribz

They need 2 players in the quality of Fabregas, Sneidier, Modric, Schweinsteiger, Xavi, Iniesta. They should break the bank in January for Juan Mata.

They need more than 2 top class players. Their midfield is all quantity and no quality. 14 midfielders in their first team and how many of them are top class? TBH, Moyes probably deserves his jotters just for allowing his club to spend almost 30 million on Fellaini. He did Everton a big favour with that one because I can't see another club having been willing to spend as much on that player.

The clock is well and truly ticking for Moyes because we're only a few games away from the half way point in the season and the turn of the year, but Man Utd are nowhere near contending for the title. 12 points behind Arsenal after 14 games is a big big gap, especially considering they took 3 points off of Arsenal at Old Trafford last month. 20 points dropped from 42 compared to Arsenal's 8 points dropped from 42 is a very substantial difference.

The average time in the job for a manager in England's top 4 leagues these days is just over a season and a half, but at this rate Moyes will be lucky to see out the season. Between 25 November and 2 December (so just 8 days) there were seven managers sacked in England's top 4 leagues and if Man Utd don't start racking up a run of consecutive wins, Moyes will be looking for work much sooner than he'd like.

With Newcastle at Old Trafford at the weekend followed by away games against Villa & Stoke before Xmas, it's squeaky bum time for Moyes because he really needs 3 wins and all 9 points from those games or he could be out on his arse.

Edited by Zappa

I don't think they will sack him this season after the fuss that was made about 'sticking by the new manager'. Was Fergie making himself looking good here? But to take a Title winning team and become so far off says something.

The Man Utd fans are being very patient!

knew Moyes as a boy, played football with him, a family of Rangers fans. He consistently did a good job at Everton on a much smaller budget than he has now, he's served his time with smaller clubs.

he inherited an ageing squad and players like Cleverly have failed to deliver. There is huge pressure in the UK's biggest footballing job and he does need to sign several players during the January window to ensure a CL place.

I hope and believe he will come good and wish him success, no matter which teams he previously played for.