Can I ask is anyone else disappointed that neither side has considered the defence of the club from unfair press coverage and double standards to be an issue worth promoting in their future plans for the club ?

This was mentioned at the meeting in the Grosvenor Hotel. I think that Alex Wilson mentioned it and that Rangers should drop the dignified silence approach and challenge unfair press coverage.

It was clearly not a priority though. I interpreted this as an indication that Rangers may struggle to defend itself unless in a position of strength. I happen to agree and as such I'm not disappointed. I would like the club to put its own house in order before worrying about the press.

15 pages of fans arguing over who will run the club for the next year , 15 pages of "my dads bigger than your dad " , lies and inuendo from both the current board and the requisitioners , websites and fans groups apparently at war and the sheer levels of hatred being shown towards fellow fans is to me absolutely shocking, yet the fate of the club is seemingly secondary to this infighting , you get the feeling if things go badly wrong the same individuals and groups will be shouting , "its your fault " followed by the other lot screaming " no its your fault", all the while our enemies laugh their cocks off , truly pathetic

Can I ask is anyone else disappointed that neither side has considered the defence of the club from unfair press coverage and double standards to be an issue worth promoting in their future plans for the club ?

Undoubtedly, but in fairness to both sides there are more pressing matters at this instant, also the fact that Whyte told the BBC to f*&k off just diverted attention from himself too many were taken in by his self serving bannings.

Did the VB's raise that issue with Stockbridge?

Undoubtedly, but in fairness to both sides there are more pressing matters at this instant, also the fact that Whyte told the BBC to f*&k off just diverted attention from himself too many were taken in by his self serving bannings.

Now Now FS - nice try - all will be revealed in due course.

However I suppose I should not be surprised by the current board's silence on this matter - given his length of stay at our club and his failing in this regard - the mere raising of the subject itself would be an admission of failure by a certain PR guru.

you do know that the VB guys are the only group to have protested against the bbc , not once but twice , or dont you do irony

Interesting because boss used to insist the bank werent running the club. Rm is littered with threads saying it.

He seems an unreliable witness on that basis.

Oh and again I will point out the 4 years pm was on the rangers board were spectacularly succesful both on and off the pitch

Boss is worshipped and supposedly a financial expert but I have never seen him post anything remotely insightful and generally find he is someone I disagree with. I'm pretty sure he was still backing Whyte late on in the day and the guy just doesn't have a clue.

Now Now FS - nice try - all will be revealed in due course.

Strange it only took 5 days to reveal the details of the meeting with Craig Whyte' date=' a cynic might think they won't be revealed till after the AGM.

However I suppose I should not be surprised by the current board's silence on this matter - given his length of stay at our club and his failing in this regard - the mere raising of the subject itself would be an admission of failure by a certain PR guru.

I doubt the certain PR guru would view it that way, whilst being paid by Rangers he's never actually really worked on behalf of Rangers or the fans just a few individuals and those individuals seem to have gotten what they wanted out of.

you do know that the VB guys are the only group to have protested against the bbc , not once but twice , or dont you do irony

Yes I know that, but I fail to see the irony in pointing out that Whyte simply banning the BBC for his own selfish reasons (certainly not the clubs or the fans interests) made him a good guy in the eyes of so many despite everything else that was known about him at that particular point.

Boss is worshipped and supposedly a financial expert but I have never seen him post anything remotely insightful and generally find he is someone I disagree with. I'm pretty sure he was still backing Whyte late on in the day and the guy just doesn't have a clue.

Boss is an accountant and a pretty good one at that. But, from what I can see, he tends to stick to the numbers rather than the bigger strategic picture.

Me, I'm a pretty poor accountant. But I am generally rather good at understanding what a business needs to do to be successful. While I think that McCoist seems to be sorting out the playing side of the equation, I am not convinced that either the current Board or the candidates proposed by the requisitioners are the right people to attract the millions we will need in new funding and then to use it strategically to ensure a sustainable future for the club.

Yes I know that, but I fail to see the irony in pointing out that Whyte simply banning the BBC for his own selfish reasons (certainly not the clubs or the fans interests) made him a good guy in the eyes of so many despite everything else that was known about him at that particular point.

But thats what Im alluding to int he original point I made FS.

If you take both Whyte and Green they have increased their popularity within the support by attacking our media enemies - albeit it was not for altruistic reasons.

To this day some still champion Green for his stance and no amount of reasoning will change that.

What Im meaning it is clearly an emotive issue for the Rangers support - and one which if addressed genuinely would be a cert to win hearts and minds.