Dave King urges Rangers to invite PM onto board

In the past he has. Lately he's done nothing of real note.

I may be naive but he should have been attending tomorrow's AGM whereby he could have stated his position in person. That would have been much more powerful than a few words to the media the day before.

I disagree - I think his words today will give a great deal of hope to many people who thought that a doomsday scenario was looming tomorrow depending on how the vote went. It's certainly given me hope as I have always looked on King as the one player I don't want to walk away from the show.

I also disagree that he has done nothing of real note recently. He has worked hard behind the scenes for quite a while positioning himself to be ready (legally and clearing his credibility status) to move when the time is right. He also worked hard to try to broker a peace deal.

I also believe that his refusal to 'walk away' has more impact that people give credit for. Whoever wins this desperately hopes to have King's investment - I believe it is key to both sides now that he is clear with the SA authorities. Who knows what part that will (or already has) play in the current lot creating a board that is seen as credible and trustworthy.

He has stated quite categorically when. When he sees a board in place that he can trust, he will be willing to invest directly into the Club. He has no interest in lining anyone's pocket via a share purchase just to gain some kind of control. We have not been in that position for a long time.

The bold text points to my interpretation of King's statement. At first I thought it was a last throw of the dice and I didn't understand why he would do that. Then I remembered what has been said about the conditions on any investment from King. Perhaps this is an indication from King that he will not be investing if there are not some people that he trusts on the board. This is the only way that I can make sense of it.

You can also consider the fact that Paul Murray doesn't really offer any complimentary skills to the board (Not that are obvious to a layman like me anyway). There are already three chartered accountants on the board (Somers, Wallace and Stockbridge). This makes me think that King would like someone on board who he can trust to scrutinise accounts.

I don't know much about this sort of thing but that is how it appears. If any of what I've said is doesn't make sense then I'd appreciate it if anyone would correct me.

I personally think most people at this stage would settle for:

Stockbridge gone

Dave King on board

One other from the requisitioners side, even one of the less contentious

(another olive branch would be Irvine to walk the plank)

We'd be better served with a Board of fans within Ibrox performing an oversight function.

Will there be a live stream to the AGM. Did STV not do that for Celtics recently?

Dont think celtic would allow anything like that after the last few debacles at their AGM's , possibly a live twitter feed

Dave King always seems to be lurking, and it's not healthy as a sizeable element in the support is hoping that he'll buy or invest in Rangers and make the club's problems go away - at least for a while.

It's sad day when the extent of our ability to solve problems is to wish for a saviour - to believe that one man can sort out the mess that has engulfed us. I'd rather King found another project to pass his time. It's up to us to find a proper and lasting solution - not the quick and rather dubious fix of handouts from a rich man's wallet.

Steve, we saw D'Artagnan's begging letter to Dave King recently. The Rangers support drones on about 'dignity' more than any other group of people in society and then puts the hat round in expectation of some kind of handout. This isn't dignified - it's the very opposite.

We should be putting the message out that we have moved on from this. We should be above the petty squabbling that some indulge in so readily.

We should be constructive in our efforts instead of vindictive.