Regarding the internationals ... IMHO that is all about technicalities. We had three first teamers and lots more of youngsters (which should not be forgotten) on international duty. We had at the time no injuries and/or suspensions. As far as I am aware, only the international call-ups are reason to ask for a postponement (as long as you have enough registered people about). Just wait till March or April happens by, along with injuries and suspensions. Had we not drawn the postpone-card for 2 or 3 international players, the SPFL and our opposition would have a point in saying that there is no precedent and thus no need to postpone an upcoming game based on suspensions and injuries (alone).

Que???????

Guest TravelingWilBEARy
He cancelled games after fans had made travel arrangement, just spin from McCoist. Must admit he is beginning to grate with me.

He postponed them rather than play with a disadvantage we didn't need to have.

What's the auto save thing that pops up and how do you use it? Just wrote out a whole post and hit cancel by mistake.

Fucking beeling.

I'll try again:

Out with the article, the thread title is spot on for me. Life in the lower leagues is driving me mad. There's nothing inspiring about this 'journey' in anyway whatsoever. Versus Dundee Hibs, the sheep or Hivs there was genuine rivalry, if not for football, for us. Going to their grounds and sashing it up gave us some motivation. Our opponents now welcome our vast support and blue pound but there's nothing else there, expect they might get a draw or even a win depending how poor we play. But really we are passers by like a on a road trip to some far off place. Note: it feels far off!

We used to lambast top league opponents for a variety reasons. Most of the time our criticisms were justified but their hatred of us helped push us on. When they visited Ibrox we could stand over them with our chests puffed out chanting we are the people in a way only we can: this Is Ibrox, our home, and we are the people, was the feeling I got. Nowadays our opponents are just tourists getting a glimpse of an international renowned stadium. Some are genuine footy fans, some of them will be part time bears out with mates to Glasgow, and some will be deranged tims dreaming of a result.

Give me a 1-0 win at Pittodrie tomorrow afternoon instead of expecting to gub Stenny 6-0 with little to show for it. Who'd prefer to walk away from the sheep pen with a win, and some serious verbals towards the sheep than dross most likely served up tomorrow? Let's face it, only a high scoring win will satisfy us tomorrow. A 1-0 win v the sheep or Dundee Hibs would motivate us more. Dunfermline gave us all that wee buzz, or at least a glimpse, again as we faced familiar opponents, did it not?

I know the 'we're only here to see the Rangers' line will be played out. That's why I follow my team, but football and rivalry go hand in hand. No cunt can deny that. I love rivalry and cannot wait for that 55th title, that first victory against all our old foes, that moment on enemy territory where I wave my scarf and chant we are the people. All of that will motivate me further than any 8-0 win v Airdrie ever can. Watching the scum flood out of Ibrox as I bounce around with bears might be up there with the great victories of the past.

Our dominance will return but right now the lower leagues offer nothing but boredom. I struggle to remember scorelines, scorers, who we played and who we are playing next. Fling in a spiv board and the fight continues on two fronts.