Guest TravelingWilBEARy
TWB, I know you from RM. You defend the indefensible to troll people. Whether you actually believe what you are saying I don't know. But you talk a lot of nonsense.

You're an idiot. Goodbye.

I think some of you should stop supporting Rangers, if you actually do, and go follow Barca to see the standard of football you desire

How about Bayern Munich? They slaughtered Barca what, 7-0 on aggregate over two semi-finals last season and run away with the German title as well.

Anyway, of all managers that I have seen coming and going, McCoist has had the most difficult time off the field by anyone's imagination. As far as I am concerned, he is only now (remotely) able to build a team like he wants ... his hands still tied well and fast behind his back. Likewise, I have yet, in all these years, have come to agree with any Rangers manager 100% (or even 75%) about his tactics and team selection, be that Souness, Smith, Advocaat, McLeish, LeGuen, or McCoist. At the end of the day, their success (more often than not) puts my personal ideas into perspective. Right now, McCoist's goal is to bring us back to the top flight. Anyone telling the audience that he is still failing at that mission is sure beyond it, or should start looking for fantastic football somewhere else, as noted above.

How about Bayern Munich? They slaughtered Barca what, 7-0 on aggregate over two semi-finals last season and run away with the German title as well.

Anyway, of all managers that I have seen coming and going, McCoist has had the most difficult time off the field by anyone's imagination. As far as I am concerned, he is only now (remotely) able to build a team like he wants ... his hands still tied well and fast behind his back. Likewise, I have yet, in all these years, have come to agree with any Rangers manager 100% (or even 75%) about his tactics and team selection, be that Souness, Smith, Advocaat, McLeish, LeGuen, or McCoist. At the end of the day, their success (more often than not) puts my personal ideas into perspective. Right now, McCoist's goal is to bring us back to the top flight. Anyone telling the audience that he is still failing at that mission is sure beyond it, or should start looking for fantastic football somewhere else, as noted above.

You could also make the argument that he has had easily the easiest time on the field.

I think some of you should stop supporting Rangers, if you actually do, and go follow Barca to see the standard of football you desire

This line is dragged up time and time again as if this is exactly what people desire. Can you quote just one post from any Rangers forum to show a member asking us to play football akin to Barcelona standards? Fwiw, Barcelona bore me to tears. It's certainly not how i want to see us playing. As Der Berliner pointed out, Bayern would have been a better example for your hyperbole.

As for doubting whether people are actually Rangers fans or not, that is low Ian. I put it to you that it is more likely non Rangers fans would be supportive of Ally given what a mess he is making of our club. Our enemies must be howling at us.

What do we want from Rangers? Are we content to be an also-ran in the global game or should we be strutting the main stage?

Why should cities like Barcelona, Munich, Manchester and Madrid possess the European football elite while Glasgow hosts the poor relations.

Is anyone happy with this? Off the park and on the park there needs to be change. This idea that we have to be whipping boys for clubs which are favoured by a CL cartel is not on.

If Rangers - and Celtic - settle for being marginalised then marginalised we will be.

I want Rangers to be playing in the big league, savouring the limelight, playing like Bayern and competing for the top prizes - and I'm not going to settle for less. I want Rangers' ambition to match mine.

The way we are playing, copied from the previous manager, is unacceptable. Many fans are either bored rigid or they've given up, and impressionable young minds are looking elsewhere for glamour and a sense of occasion.

Rangers can't afford to be boring any more. We have many mountains to climb before we get what I want, but we should at least have dispensed with football drudgery. At this rate we'll be as unwatchable when we get back to the top as we were when we left.

We need to be better than this - a lot better.

Anyway, of all managers that I have seen coming and going, McCoist has had the most difficult time off the field by anyone's imagination. As far as I am concerned, he is only now (remotely) able to build a team like he wants ... his hands still tied well and fast behind his back.

Everyone has to look at it in a wider spectrum IMO. You are right there that he has had the most difficult and unique time as a Rangers manager since the summer of 2012. But prior to that there was doubts in his early days with a title winning team, but we only got 5 months or so to judge that so lets take from division 3 onwards.

He started the campaign with 6 players, no pre-season and not knowing what league (if any) we would be playing in until very late in the day. So for that to happen is almost an impossible task, however he got a squad in and had a chance to mould them. These players were still head and shoulders above the opposition and had the facilities equally to the best in Europe and were playing against part time players who are plumbers, painters etc on mon-fri.....therefore it shouldn't take long to get something together. But as the season went on when we expected progression things got uglier on the pitch rather than better, what does that say about training methods?

Most fans saw it as chance to build a new brand of football and would have accepted the odd 1 step forward 2 back if there was ambition and light at the tunnel, but it was a case of 1 step forward and 2 back with no fresh ideas of quality. So that's a fail.

This season he is getting the results but most fans are not best pleased with what they are seeing, that's hard to judge as all you can do is beat whats infront of you. But you would expect and imagine some of the play was promising and we would be looking forward to an assault on the championship next season, yet a few posters have said they aren't confident of winning that league next season.

If Ally was to walk into the Albion Rovers job tomorrow how would Ally do? I think they would struggle.

I still look at the 3 (McCoist, Durrant, McDowall) and think its a total mis-match and is very sunday league IMO - that's the impression I get. 1 from McCoist or Durrant (as good pals as they are) just doesn't fit and an experienced man like Ray Wilkins who was out of work for so long would have brought fresh ideas in.