Alex Thomson - Celtic – Scotland’s modern Millwall?

You can only hope that things will change if enough people point out the bleedin’ obvious: shiny new Glasgow, city of the Commonwealth Games, needs to take a long hard look at itself and try to come into the 21st century.

I refer to Glasgow’s bizarre blindness to racism, bigotry and all manner of criminal activity which would scarcely be tolerated in any other British city outside N Ireland.

Yet, in and around Glasgow it’s scarcely noticed.

But like I say, if enough people call it out things can change.

Nobody around the West Coast seemed to think David Limond’s foul online racist bigotry and intimidation of a woman was odd, or wrong, or unusual. Still less, racist.

- See more at: http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/scotlands-modern-millwall-celtics-toxic-public-image/6921#sthash.FtpXMgQc.ycectwk8.dpuf'>http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/scotlands-modern-millwall-celtics-toxic-public-image/6921#sthash.FtpXMgQc.ycectwk8.dpuf

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/scotlands-modern-millwall-celtics-toxic-public-image/6921

There are many well-moderated Scottish football sites run by grown-ups who can distinguish between a comment and a crime – The Scottish Football Monitor is one. Huddleboard is not one.

If only The Scottish Football Monitor would strictly moderate the, seemingly unending, stream of garbage that it publishes as articles.

If only The Scottish Football Monitor would strictly moderate the, seemingly unending, stream of garbage that it publishes as articles.

I couldn't agree with you more. The fact that AT holds The Scottish Football Monitor up as a glowing example is almost as surprising as his criticism of something celtic-related. A quick glance shows that it's still 99% Rangers-obsessed anti-propaganda. No sign of any monitoring of the GBs recent antics or discussion of favourable co-op bank interest rates.

With regards to his article, even though he has a bash at celtic, he still leads with a dig at us. Why should Rangers have anything to say about Limond? Is the club expected to respond to everything that any nutcase blogs, podcasts or posts on a message board? The same more or less goes for his comments about huddleboard (and, I suppose, Galloway's comments about RM a few months ago). It's not a football club's job to condemn the actions or refute the opinions of internet rockets.

If people are posting offensive material via an unofficial medium then it's a job for the cops IMHO.

Maybe he's at long last realising that they weren't really just a bunch of jolly craicsters whose club got cheated out of titles because the other lot used EBT's and their owner enjoyed succulent lamb.

I had to laugh at the 'celtic underclass' term. Yet if they were sensible enough to go back to the appointment of John 'we won't sit at the back of the bus' Reid a their chairman in 2007 that is exactly the sort of mentality he was encouraging.

Is it just me or is his writing far more nut-job, internet blogger, rather than intelligent journalist? The same goes for Leggo, whose style is along the same low-brow, ranting lines but even less readable. Thomson appears to at least use a spell checker...

Is it just me or is his writing far more nut-job, internet blogger, rather than intelligent journalist? The same goes for Leggo, whose style is along the same low-brow, ranting lines but even less readable. Thomson appears to at least use a spell checker...

Leggo's not employed by a national broadcaster!