I know you know the information I am going to provide, but it provides perspective.

The then Glasgow District Council sold Janefield Street, Kinloch Street, and Dalriada Street to ra Sellik for ONE PENNY.

The cost in resettelement grants to 300 families living in those streets, demolition, and land clearance was borne by the local authority. Ra Sellik substantially increase their land bank and the community charge payer bears the estimated £2million bill, less a penny of course.

Thus, nearly half a million for Lennoxtown is comparatively reasonable, in ra scheme of things Sellik.

Was the land which was essentially a cowp and rubbish tip for many years (late 80's/early 90's) to the north west of Janefield Street and to the north west of the ground ever cleaned up or developed by GCC or did they let it remain a tip until they sold it for a penny? At some point they built the new 'gateway' road straight through the middle of the old cowp, but when was that built? Before of after the penny sale? It would be interesting to get a handle on the different developments and their timescales because it wouldn't be a surprise to find that land was left like a disaster zone to keep it's value down.

I know you know the information I am going to provide, but it provides perspective.

The then Glasgow District Council sold Janefield Street, Kinloch Street, and Dalriada Street to ra Sellik for ONE PENNY.

The cost in resettelement grants to 300 families living in those streets, demolition, and land clearance was borne by the local authority. Ra Sellik substantially increase their land bank and the community charge payer bears the estimated £2million bill, less a penny of course.

Thus, nearly half a million for Lennoxtown is comparatively reasonable, in ra scheme of things Sellik.

I see they are claiming that they paid going market rates in their press release tonight.

I see they are claiming that they paid going market rates in their press release tonight.

So, 1p for Janefield Street, Kinloch Street, and Dalriada Street was he going market rate?

The sale price of any land or property, and the value that the Co-op put on it as collateral should be very telling, and pretty difficult to wriggle out of.

That statement was very strong, but very misleading.

They've known about this investigation for some time, from what I can gather.

Definitely no media frenzy as yet.

I'm not holding my breath.

What businesses get loans at 1.5 percent from their bank?

Or three streets for 1p and the relocations paid for by Glasgow taxpayers?

Bet the chnts have a lot of deflecting defence tactics in place already. We'd need someone powerful to investigate - they have the media and the political side sewn up

(1) Was the sale of Lennoxtown Castle offered or advertised in the public domain ?

I wonder what the market rate is in a market with one seller and one buyer?:rolleyes: