at 28 he has 6 years in him. hardly to old.

it all depends how good he is.

Yes but signing players who could make us money should be the name of the game for us at the moment and for the foreseeable future I can't see how we would make anything from him. He'd need to be amazing in his first season in the SPFL and then what maybe a £1m tops? and I'm being very generous with that estimate

My concern relates to Ally's record on his signings of "overseas" players. Can't think of many who have been obvious success stories.

I think a lot of that is down to our lack of a scouting department. We should be sending scouts to multiple games before investing in unknown quantities.

Yes but signing players who could make us money should be the name of the game for us at the moment and for the foreseeable future I can't see how we would make anything from him. He'd need to be amazing in his first season in the SPFL and then what maybe a £1m tops? and I'm being very generous with that estimate

This is true but i don't feel we need to make a profit from every player we sign though.

This is true but i don't feel we need to make a profit from every player we sign though.

I'd agree with that, but only in certain circumstances for example signing someone at the end of their career like Ibrahimovic (I know!) we'd make money off him another way.

But signing late 20's who we would have little to no chance of recouping anything on should be a big no in my book

Ibrahimovic was the only player I could think of, off the top of my head

I'd agree with that, but only in certain circumstances for example signing someone at the end of their career like Ibrahimovic (I know!) we'd make money off him another way.

But signing late 20's who we would have little to no chance of recouping anything on should be a big no in my book

Ibrahimovic was the only player I could think of, off the top of my head

I know what you are saying mate and i do agree in principle.

He only just turned 28 six weeks ago, so he'd be younger than all of our other 28 year olds, but it's still a couple of years older than the type of player I'd like to see us signing at the moment.

Primarily a right winger, but also plays right back, so he'd have some versatility, but I can't see it happening. Ally won't be allowed to sign anyone until others leave.

We should be using the rest of this season to develop young players not signing more experienced pros.

What does that even mean? We ARE developing young players - in what way are we not?

People bandy this glib stuff around while being clueless to what it all means.

We had an average of about 5 or 6 rookies in the team last season and we had inconsistent results and a lot of derision for how we played. We've changed that and massively improved in both results and performance and yet the whining continues. You really want to go back to last season? Perhaps you need to attend some U21 games to see if you enjoy the football, as that is the standard they will bring to the first team - except obviously worse due to playing more experienced players who have a point to prove over a bunch of cocky teenagers.

As has been pointed out several times, how is shoving a load of players in the first team "developing" them? When has that ever worked as a strategy? Where is the development? As said before, if you take this to the extreme (which is not much more than last season) then every team would be playing 8 youngsters and three experienced players - but this is no different to the U21 league, so therefore the U21 league is already doing the exact same job. The only difference is the size of the crowd and the pressure for the result - both of which should be good for youngsters...

The tried and tested way of developing youngsters is to put your best two or three in the team where they can benefit from playing beside experienced players - that doesn't happen when you flood a team with youngsters. You then give a number of others a taste of the top team here and there to see how they cope and to show them what it's like.

There seems to be an obsession with filling teams with young players these days by people who seem to think they know about development so much better than just about everyone in the professional game. We are Rangers, our tradition is to put out as strong team a we can and try and win every game - it's a good tradition and yet one that most don't seem to give a damn about - until we draw or lose or play crap.

He only just turned 28 six weeks ago, so he'd be younger than all of our other 28 year olds, but it's still a couple of years older than the type of player I'd like to see us signing at the moment.

Primarily a right winger, but also plays right back, so he'd have some versatility, but I can't see it happening. Ally won't be allowed to sign anyone until others leave.

If you're signing players for free on two or three year contracts, does it really matter if they are 28? Aren't they young enough if they are good enough?

Why is there so much ageism among the support these days? Even in Logan's Run people were allowed to live till 30...

People on here seem to want to have compulsory retirement of 25 for football players.

For me, I don't want the guy as I can't see how he would improve us and I'm not sure about his ability in the top league. However, the management may rate him highly as at the level to compete with Celtic and if he's available

now for free, perhaps we shouldn't pass on the opportunity.

I may be old fashioned (at 32) however I want to see us sign players who play in one position.

I want a right winger to be a right winger. I want a right back to be a right back.

None of this hybrid rubbish.