Rangers director King: Listen, we simply can’t risk a 6-0 battering at Celtic Park

Sorry berliner but who is the "club" that you would give the money to? Surely the board are in control of invested money, especially when it is the next two seasons st cash! all that money would not be available for restructuring, most would be needed for day to day running of the club.

Care to explain?

If you add up share issues, JJB money, ENIC, King money etc under Murray time, the club basically needed £10m a season more than their income just to survive. Then Whyte said the same thing, needs cash injection of £10m a year. Then Green lost more than £10m in a year

Now King says needs investment - £10m a year our business model is completely unsustainable and has been for 20 years we need to sort ourselves out and get on a firm financial footing before we worry about challenging Celtic, if we don't we are doomed to make the same mistakes as before. There is no point getting back to SPFL and competing for titles when building debt of at least £10m per year. 5 years time = £50m debt

At least that should put to bed the comments everytime some shares get sold ....... "why is King not buying these shares".

He's said it time and time again, he will not line the pockets of investors and will only put money straight into the club.

At least that should put to bed the comments everytime some shares get sold ....... "why is King not buying these shares".

He's said it time and time again, he will not line the pockets of investors and will only put money straight into the club.

That's only part of the story and he needs to come up with a positive plan and a business model to match.

That's only part of the story and he needs to come up with a positive plan and a business model to match.

I agree however doing it in public do you think the board will come out and say, good idea Dave we'll run with that?

He is basically saying I'm here, and I have cash, come and ask me. IMO.

Although the Easdales have already turned him away once ...........

I agree however doing it in public do you think the board will come out and say, good idea Dave we'll run with that?

He is basically saying I'm here, and I have cash, come and ask me. IMO.

Although the Easdales have already turned him away once ...........

I don't see any chance whatsoever of the current Board asking him to invest, IMHO they see him as a threat to their positions not the answer to Rangers financial problems.

Where I do think he might be wrong is about the existing investors. IF Wallace gets the house in order, then a rights issue at around 20p - 25p may well prove attractive as it would allow them to maintain their percentage holdings and average down the price.

Ok he says come and ask for my cash but what is he asking for in return? Is it a fair offer?

I think the answer to that is fairly obvious and it is not achievable for at least two reasons which have been well rehearsed on these forums.

It is also noticeable that (perhaps understandably) he does not say how much he is willing to invest. The figure of £20 million keeps getting bandied about; who knows if this is even remotely accurate?

What I don't understand about his position is if he was so keen to invest and such a big fan why didn't he buy the Club from SDM or buy it out of liquidation. I realise that the tax case was ongoing but I am sure that a skilful businessman like him could have found a way.