Rangers director King: Listen, we simply can’t risk a 6-0 battering at Celtic Park

If anyone here could afford to put £20m into the club, would they do it with Ally in charge of how it is spent?

We have problems everywhere we look, but if serious money is found to spend on the team, it would be a big mistake to allow it to be spent inappropriately.

There are problems at board level, but there are problems with the football operation too. Anyone willing to invest in Rangers would surely want an assurance that a proven manager is in charge of identifying new talent.

Do we need to wait until things go wrong at the top level, or will something be done to influence events before we get there?

Having more money is highly desirable, but so is having a manager who is capable of getting the very best out of it.

We surely cannot take the chance of finding new investment - and then seeing it frittered away with little or no reward.

while i agree with you on the face of it it seems dave king doesn't.

he may of course privately want someone else spending the cash.

I'm not sure any outsider would understand this.

Rangers need investment, someone ( a Rangers supporter ) wants to invest millions, no one from Rangers has spoken to him.

A bit premature maybe? They all spoke to him pre-AGAM. King appeared to be very pro-Paul Murray, one of the main board-bashers. Wallace has said that he wants 120 days to get the house in order and gear the club up for reasonable investment. Cometh the time, cometh the invite, perhaps. It won't happen all in one o two weeks though.

Sidenote, scaremongering with Yahoo defeats ain't exactly what is needed. We will hopefully be back in the top tier within 15 months or so. by that time his millions will sure be warmly welcomed.

King appeared to be very pro-Paul Murray, one of the main board-bashers.

Sidenote, scaremongering with Yahoo defeats ain't exactly what is needed. We will hopefully be back in the top tier within 15 months or so. by that time his millions will sure be warmly welcomed.

King has never took any side. He has always wanted what is best for the Club. He stated that Paul Murray is someone he trusts as having the Club's interest at heart, but that is as far as him 'taking sides' went. He is very much his own man.

You think it is scaremongering? How do you think we would fare at Breezeblock Boulevard today with our current squad? I would guarantee Commons, Brown, Mulgrew etc would take great delight in giving us a royal pumping. And you think King is scaremongering by saying that trimming the current squad even further could lead to a real tanking? He is bang on the money I'm afraid mate.

You also say 'wait 15 months until we are there and his money will be welcome once we are there'. Seriously? Wait until we actually get into the top division (actually in it i.e. season started?) and then try to get a team to gel? That is utter madness. Surely we develop a core squad that is good enough to compete in the SPFL the season before we get there and then in the close season just before (if the likes of King wants to invest what is required) we buy a couple of players of quality who want to be part of history in the making potentially that might get us a top two place. What people shouldn't forget is that we will be world news by the time we get back to the SPFL. To be happy with 5th or 6th will not be acceptable. We could have media rights that nobody has even considered if we come back fighting. It is the ultimate story of sporting romance that the dhims will choke on. We will be the romantic story.

King has never took any side. He has always wanted what is best for the Club. He stated that Paul Murray is someone he trusts as having the Club's interest at heart, but that is as far as him 'taking sides' went. He is very much his own man.

You think it is scaremongering? How do you think we would fare at Breezeblock Boulevard today with our current squad? I would guarantee Commons, Brown, Mulgrew etc would take great delight in giving us a royal pumping. And you think King is scaremongering by saying that trimming the current squad even further could lead to a real tanking? He is bang on the money I'm afraid mate.

You also say 'wait 15 months until we are there and his money will be welcome once we are there'. Seriously? Wait until we actually get into the top division (actually in it i.e. season started?) and then try to get a team to gel? That is utter madness. Surely we develop a core squad that is good enough to compete in the SPFL the season before we get there and then in the close season just before (if the likes of King wants to invest what is required) we buy a couple of players of quality who want to be part of history in the making potentially that might get us a top two place. What people shouldn't forget is that we will be world news by the time we get back to the SPFL. To be happy with 5th or 6th will not be acceptable. We could have media rights that nobody has even considered if we come back fighting. It is the ultimate story of sporting romance that the dhims will choke on. We will be the romantic story.

Some fans just still can't see the wood for the trees.

even if he is scaremongering surely we would be much better with his money than without?

He is a fan, and he is genuinely dreading the thought of a real doing at the hands of that mob (while at the same time dreaming of the euphoria that would come with us giving them a good belt on the chin). He is certainly not scaremongering.

That is why he has hung around for so long wanting to be able to put his money in under the right circumstances. I agree with you - I would love him around with his money because he is not likely to walk away within a year or two (the people that think he is have no idea of his background).