You and the other 40,000 Rangers supporting accountants! :D

But how many of their CVs match mine? :D

Being serious, not sure that I will apply as I'm not keen on the increased profile that Stockbridge has created and not sure that I could be on the same board as an Easdale.

Being serious, not sure that I will apply as I'm not keen on the increased profile that Stockbridge has created and not sure that I could be on the same board as an Easdale.

Why don't you just apply BD and see where it goes?.

C'mon you would love it, an Easdale at each side of you !! :)

The £200K could be his bonus. There may well have been conditions when he returned it, and that it was repayable if his employment was terminated within, say , 2 years. .

That could be right because the wording is "or bonus in connection with the termination of his employment" so if it was the previous bonus to whhich he was contractually entitled then that would be correct; but economical with the truth as I said.

In fact the more I think about it the more that sounds right.

GS: We're going to sack you for cause and you can so us if you like

BS: OK you got me; I agree to go right now for no payment but I do want the £200k.

GS: Deal

Brian Stockbridge leaves Rangers: Finance chief steps down with board fearing his presence would spark ticket sales slump

25 Jan 2014 07:08

THE controversial financial director resigned his £200,000 post yesterday after a turbulent time at Ibrox and could now be replaced by ex-Liverpool and Arsenal financial chief Philip Nash.

BRIAN STOCKBRIDGE walked away from Rangers last night after both parties finally acknowledged he was just too toxic for Ibrox fans.

The controversial financial director resigned his £200,000-a-year post and could now be replaced by consultant Philip Nash.

Rangers announced the Stockbridge departure was “by mutual consent” as the parties realised his continuing involvement at the club was ruinous to the relationship with fans.

The Ibrox board are terrified supporters will turn their back on the purchase of season tickets in the summer and it is estimated at least 25,000 must be sold by the end of June to keep the club buoyant.

To add to the intrigue a plan, still in its early stages, is being discussed by influential fans to wield greater influence by ring-fencing season ticket money away from the club and into a separate and secure account.

Stockbridge had resigned himself recently to the fact opinion of fans had not settled after December’s stormy agm and was unlikely to improve.

The club are losing up to £1million a month, the share price has dived from 70 pence to 27 pence in 13 months and chief executive Graham Wallace has admitted cuts must be made across the club, including Ally McCoist’s playing squad.

Rangers claim no bonuses have been paid to Stockbridge following his decision to walk away, although a decision to the Stock Exchange stopped short of saying his basic salary package would not be paid up.

It said: “Rangers announces that by mutual consent Brian Stockbridge is leaving the company and has resigned as a director of the company and its subsidiaries with immediate effect.

“Rangers confirm that no ex gratia benefit or bonus has been offered or paid to Brian Stockbridge in connection with the termination of his employment.

“The directors would like to thank Brian for his contribution to the club during a difficult period. The board has commenced the search for a new finance director. A further announcement will be made in due course.”

Rangers fans react with delight at Brian Stockbridge's resignation

Stockbridge arrived at Rangers in May 2012 as an associate of Imran Ahmad, who put together the £5.5m purchase of the club’s assets with Charles Green in June of that year.

Losses at the club for the last financial year were an eye-popping £14.4m and Stockbridge was widely criticised for accepting a bonus of £200,000 when Rangers won the Third Division.

Chief executive Graham Wallace confirmed this week it had been paid back, although it’s understood it was only returned under pressure from investors Laxey Partners.

Stockbridge was especially criticised for the high cost of the Rangers IPO, £6.5m of the £22m raised, and was jeered and heckled by disgruntled shareholders at the club’s agm.

He said: “I wasn’t brought here to win a popularity contest.”

Former Liverpool and Arsenal financial chief Nash is favourite to be named new finance director.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brian-stockbridge-leaves-rangers-finance-3059283