Has the Trust made mistakes in the past?

Absolutely.

Will it make mistakes in the future?

Most certainly.

Have mainstream political parties made mistakes over the years?

Of course they have.

Does it terminally devalue them?

Of course not.

The Trust is a vehicle to be used by the support to win ownership of the club. It will have times when it is strong and times when it is weak. It is your Trust. It is for you to make it what you want it to be.

We've seen Rangers ravaged and scandalised in recent times, but do we give up on it and seek another club to support?

Never.

Stop looking for deities and start living with the practicalities, flaws, failings and benefits of what has been created to make the experience of being a Rangers supporter better than it has ever been in the modern era.

When has the Trust been strong? I don't hold any irrational hatred for them like some do but I don't see anything redeeming about them. I did like in the Murray years how they spoke out against him though. But to me they are irrelevant. They don't speak to me and I don't really recognise them as being any sort of authority.

I also find it amusing you saying it's 'our trust', bearing in mind the FF involvement which is a forum which has Stasi level moderation. Anyone the mods disagree with swiftly gets banned. It was basically a running joke on FF that every so often you would end up getting banned then you would just create a new username with a different number at the end. I would often have no idea why I was banned from FF...I've not bothered making an account for a few years now. Was a regular pretty much since the creation of it.

Selmy, the Trust has been strong enough to build a near 2,000 strong group of Rangers fans in its BuyRangers scheme.

And that was achieved against a background of denigration from within our own support.

It is a monumental task to win over supporters to fan ownership when there is a culture of obedience to the man in the big house.

People who want a democratic member-owned club will continue to fight for it because the alternative is what we have now, and could be again and again until the damage becomes irreparable.

Your putting down of people who disagree with you as 'looking for a deity' or 'obedience to the man in the big house' points us toward why some fans are nervous about fan ownership. Rather than the invented reasons you listed above, maybe you're just not very convincing?

I don't suffer from either of these conditions; I would prefer to have professionally appointed people doing a professional job to asking 40,000 of us to approve, say, a new finance director or CEO. Certainly the current lot are far from professional, but that doesn't mean yours is the only alternative.

Knee-jerk pigeon holing of those who don't agree with you to fit some view of the world you hold doesn't fill me with confidence that yourself, or your confreres, holding the reins of power would be the answer.

I joined the RST because I a) wanted to help my club b) liked the ideal that the fans had a collective stake in the club which gave them a voice which couldn't be ignored and an influence in key decisions c) felt that this was better achieved via a pooled ownership scheme, rather than me holding £500 of shares as an individual.

I had no inkling at the time of the negative perception some have of the trust or individuals who have been involved in it in the past. However, if you like the idea but not the people, join and vote them out. Better still stand for election.

And by the way, fan ownership doesn't mean that the Board is suddenly made up of amateurs. With a broad enough membership, the fan groups would be able to either appoint or elect reps with appropriate backgrounds in Finance & Corporate Governance.

Your putting down of people who disagree with you as 'looking for a deity' or 'obedience to the man in the big house' points us toward why some fans are nervous about fan ownership. Rather than the invented reasons you listed above, maybe you're just not very convincing?

I don't suffer from either of these conditions; I would prefer to have professionally appointed people doing a professional job to asking 40,000 of us to approve, say, a new finance director or CEO. Certainly the current lot are far from professional, but that doesn't mean yours is the only alternative.

Knee-jerk pigeon holing of those who don't agree with you to fit some view of the world you hold doesn't fill me with confidence that yourself, or your confreres, holding the reins of power would be the answer.

Andy, it would be like electing an MP. The fans groups (read constituency party) elect their representative and that individual is tasked with serving the interests of all constituents (read supporters / shareholders).

MP's listen to the views of their constituents and party members, but ultimately make up their own minds on most issues and are accountable for that to those who select and elect them. Why wouldn't that work for us?

Has the Trust made mistakes in the past?

Absolutely.

Will it make mistakes in the future?

Most certainly.

Have mainstream political parties made mistakes over the years?

Of course they have.

Does it terminally devalue them?

Of course not.

The Trust is a vehicle to be used by the support to win ownership of the club. It will have times when it is strong and times when it is weak. It is your Trust. It is for you to make it what you want it to be.

We've seen Rangers ravaged and scandalised in recent times, but do we give up on it and seek another club to support?

Never.

Stop looking for deities and start living with the practicalities, flaws, failings and benefits of what has been created to make the experience of being a Rangers supporter better than it has ever been in the modern era.

I would respectfully suggest to you its the failure to rectify the mistakes you allude to which has made the devaluing so terminal.

No man is bigger than the club - no man should be bigger than the Trust.

Deity or otherwise.

I would respectfully suggest to you its the failure to rectify the mistakes you allude to which has made the devaluing so terminal.

No man is bigger than the club - no man should be bigger than the Trust.

Deity or otherwise.

I have always wondered what would happen if MD left the Trust.

Would there be much of an increase in membership ? Or would the detractors find another excuse?

I have always wondered what would happen if MD left the Trust.

Would there be much of an increase in membership ? Or would the detractors find another excuse?

That probably sums up everything which requires to be rectified within the RST CB