Personally, I don't really understand why the RST didn't have a mechanism already in place for the fans to buy the club out of administration. I might be completely wrong, but it strikes me that while the RST has always been well meaning and had the best intentions of developing fan ownership, when push came to shove and the club was there for the taking, the necessary mechanism simply wasn't in place. That then says to me that there was not only a lack of foresight, but also a lack of real tangible drive towards the Trust's ultimate goals in the years leading up to administration and it was a good number of years too.

I'm at the point now where I don't know what to think about fan ownership. I used to think it was a pipe dream and one that wasn't even necessarily the right way for our club to go, but now I'm not so sure. The one thing I will say, is that the trust really need some better advice than what they got when investing £250k in the IPO because that really was not good value for money in terms of buying shares and (in retrospect) it would have been far more prudent to not jump in trusting Green & co's IPO, but hold off and buy in the market at a much lower price.

You are 100 % correct on both points; though it has to be said that the second is with the benefit of hindsight. RST have to be commended for the intiative but it is simply a fact that they did not raise a fraction of the money required, 25x as many shares were bought by fans direct.

Regarding Paul Murray and Jim McColl, as far as I'm concerned their parties (in their various forms) both made credible bids for the club. I really do think that Green & co were a 'stick-on' for want of a better phrase because I always believed that there was something not quite right about the administration and if I'm not mistaken, the guys from Duff & Phelps even let it slip themselves that they had contacted Green in the February.

Regarding McColl's last minute bid, I think that was done to highlight the fact that the administrators really weren't playing by the common rules with their so-called 'binding agreement' with Green & co. It certainly seemed more of a legal maneuver than anything else because everyone knew there was this so-called binding agreement.

Getting back to the Trust though, I think it was a bit strange when we went into admin and there was the 'Save Rangers' campaign which was basically pledges as opposed to actually handing over money. That just didn't make any sense to me, but the Trust must have realised that they didn't have a mechanism in place and needed to go down the pledge route to get the ball rolling. In the Trust's defense on that subject, there was also a major issue with their pledge campaign infringing on the RFFF campaign, so I think that a lack of communication with the Club maybe put a dampener on both of those.

Paul Murray was never credible as the Blue Knights or part of McCollCo; he's one of yesterday's men and I'm sure deep down he knows it.

On the second point, I agree completely, too many cooks and all that......