Come on, easy on the paranoia. BH has explained why, in law, football clubs have a get out from being responsible for such things happening. If we object to that, we should email our MSP's (we are, after all, sitting at a switched on computer) and urge them to change the rules.

And quite honestly, as much as I don't wish to ruffle feathers, if absolute responsibility came in we'd be walking on eggshells waiting for the UB's to drop us in it with UVF stuff.

Come on, easy on the paranoia. BH has explained why, in law, football clubs have a get out from being responsible for such things happening. If we object to that, we should email our MSP's (we are, after all, sitting at a switched on computer) and urge them to change the rules.

And quite honestly, as much as I don't wish to ruffle feathers, if absolute responsibility came in we'd be walking on eggshells waiting for the UB's to drop us in it with UVF stuff.

UEFA take action against them but the SPFL don't. You couldn't make it up could you.

Sorry, Andy but I don't buy that. The statement says Celtic took all possible steps to prevent the banner being shown. No-one took any steps to stop it. It wasn't smuggled in and put up for 30 seconds. It was taken in - and it was big - by vermin who had previous for taking in banners, it was held up by many fans and was in full view. Nothing was done to deter this, quite the opposite.

It is not paranoia to complain re this:

"However, Celtic FC were able to demonstrate that they had taken all reasonably practicable steps to prevent the banner being displayed at Celtic Park."

Quelle surprise.

"The league's regulations state action can be taken if a club has failed to take the necessary measures to prevent spectators from "engaging" in unacceptable conduct"

Come on who are they kidding, that banner was massive and needed at least three person to carry it. So no one ask to see the banner and it's subject matter? yet some supporters at Ibrox can have their Scarves removed by stewards but a massive banner just get's the nod through, away and give us peace, "sweep sweep" "Liewells puppets" and a cover up again, or any of the usual metaphors for the corruption at the heart of our game.

I agree with this. Surely CFC are admitting they are culpable when they make the statement ...

"Celtic condemned the display of the banners shortly after, saying they had not been approved by the club and were not welcome within the stadium."

They must accept vicarious responsibilty for their stewards being lax in their remit when they allowed entrance to the banner but did not check its content.

Even after what you've said BH you would think that CFC should be charged, if not under the Terrorism Act, then under the new OBA by the police.

Also when they banned the GB for their behaviour, surely once again they were admitting that they were guilty of allowing an offence to take place.

UEFA take action against them but the SPFL don't. You couldn't make it up could you.

This is the essential contradiction. You would think that UEFA being the higher authority; the SFA/SPL would have to take the lead from them; but UEFA apparently leave it up to the member associations to make their own rules and as I said the government did not want to intervene (any more than they already had done) in 2011. I found it deeply disappointing at the time and please remember that I was representing ALL fans at the time, not Rangers supporters per se.

However, a club is not automatically punished under SPFL rules if a potentially offensive banner is displayed.

The league's regulations state action can be taken if a club has failed to take the necessary measures to prevent spectators from "engaging" in unacceptable conduct.

They can then only be hit with sanctions if it can be proven the club failed to adopted and implement procedures to try to ensure such incidents do not take place.

The onus is also placed on clubs to be seen to "effectively deal" with any incidents of unacceptable conduct. A failure to do so may also constitute a breach of league rules.

Celtic did nothing about it at the time and it only became an issue after the GB followed it up with another banner in the next game. Celtic have consistently allowed the GB to display banners with IRA references on them. They issued no statement about it between the end of that game and the start of the CL game.

the banners must have been approved to get into the ground as they need to have their fire safety certificate checked.

Another shameful cover-up by the SPFL as they take no action against a club who have consistently flouted the law by allowing these banners in over a number of years.