i had forgotten about the meeting with stockbridge. god they keep some bad company.

Well I dont see it like that GS but you may of course choose to differ.

I feel many of our fans organisations had, by their conduct, ostracised themselves from the board - making a meeting and Q & A unlikely to happen.

VB by keeping their own counsel on matters were granted a meeting. The questions were presented and the answers given - the subsequent minute of this meeting was published with a considerable caveat regarding the integrity of Stockbridge's answers. It is my opinion that by their conduct VB had managed to accomplish what other fans groups had failed to do - seek information from the incumbent board.

The "bad company they keep" was actually an effort by them to gain information on behalf of our support - information they subsequently shared with the wider support.

I wish Bears would focus on the information contained in articles. The derivation pales compared to the insight provided.

I suspect D'Art's take is similar to mine, we are both products of our professional conditioning. Information on the enemy journeys through the orders process unchanged from General Officer to private soldier. It remains unprecised at all levels.

In this light, BBC Scotland over this weekend have continued their common currency take on all things Rangers. Jum Spence began his match report on Rangers/Pars with the attendance as his opening line. Cosgrove reinforced the next day with, "Rangers supporters are showing little interest in the Scottish Cup", and Pat Nevin when asked about Aberdeen's victory negating the opportunity for an old firm game; he answered, "many would argue there is no old firm anymore". A Dundee United fan, a St Johnstone supporter, and a born again Hibee maintained the ripple fire, why?

On a sidenote, I listened to the BBC World Service's radio programme Sports Sound for the first time in months. It is essentially the only BBC programme (legally) available for free ... and I listened to them a lot in the 1980s and 1990s (Paddy Feeny and all), as they were the only folk alongside BFBS being available on FM here in Berlin.

They have for nigh a decade stopped covering any great deal about the Scottish game, you hardly get a live commentary from them. Asking about that they replied that they actually have to buy licenses from other stations et al too and would have to keep catering to the main interest here.

Be that as it may, I tuned in roundabout 14.30 BT and there was not a whisper about anything Scottish. That essentially stayed the same up until 15.50, when they ran down the HT scores. Obviously, they had more topics than footie to discuss and the Olympics and Rugby were also on the agenda. Regular updates on the Scottish Cup only happened during Five Live's commentary (which the World Service covered from 16.00 till 16.55 hours), the WC kept silence on anything Scottish till after 17.00 hours and their own Round-up of Saturday's events. Which I did not listened too. When it comes to World "Sports", it looks that the Scottish game has taken a major leap backwards.

Sadly enough, that sort of disinterest in anything that happens north of the border seems to have allowed certain sections of the BBC being taken up by rabid Yahoos and the fact that their reporting goes nigh unchecked onto the main sites of the BBC. And - sadly enough - from there out into the world under the main brand "BBC", which is, on the whole, rather respected amongst journalists. Hence, any uncovering of the BBCeltland's behaviour is very much welcomed and deserves a great audience, so it may reach the high-ups down in London.

the thing i notice about the bbc is they seem to want to totally ignore us. i listened to them for a couple of hours the other weekend and they simply did not talk about our game it was all about the cup semifinals.

sure they were bigger games but more license payers want to hear about rangers then hearts aberdeen ict etc put together.

they should indeed remember who pays the license fee.

I kid you not GS - I believe some of their conduct is now bordering on or similar to the behaviour of a scolded child who takes the huff at being chastised.

Furthermore I believe their treatment of some of the investigations they have conducted post-BBC Trust ruling do not stand up to scrutiny. The case of Jim Spence's "some would say" is the perfect example - they investigated that outburst and passed judgment on it as an isolated case.

The truth however was quite different of course. Jim Spence had made a no. of assertions previously on air regarding this matter - "I dont care what Rangers fans say - this is a new club" probably being the most notable. Therefore it was less than thorough, nor was it balanced to conduct that investigation without evaluating his previous comments on the matter, It wasn't so much "some might say" but more a case of "As I have previously stated"

When you see the standard of internal investigation being undertaken - it becomes easy to see how they made so many mistakes over Savile - but perhaps of greater concern is that despite their assertions - they have not learned from those mistakes.

Whilst I very much appreciate RPB's comments - I will out of courtesy nonetheless provide you with a response WBD.

1. VB MEMBER - I am also a member of Gersnet' date=' Rangers Media DTB, FF , Rangerschat and post more on these forums than I do on VB - yet for some strange reason I am defined and characterised as being "VB" ? I have never understood this tendency within our support to pigeon hole one another - to me such a tendency is likely to impair rather than enhance a sense of unity. I am here, I am on VB/FF/RM etc etc for one reason - Because I support Rangers.

2. AGM/BEHAVIOUR - You started your query mentioning VB as a collective and then referred to some of the behaviour of individual members of VB. It is a distinction which is critical. I noticed "unsavoury" and "uncalled" behaviour by a number of people during the run up to the AGM many of whom were not VB members. If you ask people who know me - I will give short shrift to any Bear whose conduct towards another Bear is unedifying - and I dont care what pigeon hole badge they wear whether they be VB or otherwise.

But hypothetically speaking it is a considerably huge and erroneous quantum leap to suggest "Real Papa Bear, who is a member of Gersnet think and does this - therefore all Gersnet Members are of the same ilk"

Furthermore what you have failed to acknowledge WBD is that the unsavoury and uncalled for behaviour was also perpetrated against some VB members. One in particular, who I would add is not a member of any social media platforms - had his identity and the places he frequents revealed and as a consequence his family were subject to threats.

I dont want this to sound tit for tat - just that your original assertion suggested it was one way - which I know for a fact it wasn't. None of which of course, excuses such behaviour whoever perpetrates it.

Furthermore there were considerable lies published during the run up to the AGM particularly about VB - I only know they were lies because as a member I was able to validate some of the stuff which was being printed and determine it was not true. In particular the circumstances surrounding the meeting with BS & JH has been subject to particular distortion. The latter makes me particularly angry to this day - not because Im a VB member - but because Im a Rangers supporter and such deliberate lies only confused our support further.

3. THIS ARTICLE - I wrote this article exclusively for VB as a mark of recognition and respect of their efforts in tackling the shortcomings at BBC Scotland - hence why it is exclusive to their website.[/quote']Fair enough D'Art but this sort of stuff from them yanks my chain

BWnfIeNIgAE1X75_zps0f886bf1.jpg

Be0jH4rIEAAIj1N_zpsa590e76c.jpg

BTBEDCwIgAAnPoA_zps94620064.jpg