Stick to the subject of D'Artagnan's article please folk.

If there's a continuation of any bitching about VB or their members then we'll have no option other than to lock this thread, but it would be far better to not have to do that.

GS/WBD

If you want to debate the merits/demerits of VB - I will be happy to do so on another thread.

I will not be doing it this however this evening as it would not be appropriate.

Edited by D'Artagnan

I wish Bears would focus on the information contained in articles. The derivation pales compared to the insight provided.

I suspect D'Art's take is similar to mine, we are both products of our professional conditioning. Information on the enemy journeys through the orders process unchanged from General Officer to private soldier. It remains unprecised at all levels.

In this light, BBC Scotland over this weekend have continued their common currency take on all things Rangers. Jum Spence began his match report on Rangers/Pars with the attendance as his opening line. Cosgrove reinforced the next day with, "Rangers supporters are showing little interest in the Scottish Cup", and Pat Nevin when asked about Aberdeen's victory negating the opportunity for an old firm game; he answered, "many would argue there is no old firm anymore". A Dundee United fan, a St Johnstone supporter, and a born again Hibee maintained the ripple fire, why?

I'm with Nevin on this, there is no 'Old Firm' anymore. The 'Old Firm' symbolised the symbiotic nature of the two clubs, both benefited from the other and as such we both had conjoined interests and tended to look out for each other at a directorial level. Commercially we voted together and relied on each other for support against other clubs, the league and the SFA.

That's not the case now, that commonality of purpose no longer exists, there's no 'Old Firm' anymore, just two big clubs from the same city.

Stick to the subject of D'Artagnan's article please folk.

If there's a continuation of any bitching about VB or their members then we'll have no option other than to lock this thread, but it would be far better to not have to do that.

Nuff said Zappa. Though I would not call it bitching. I'm done with it, you'll hear no more from me on it in this thread.

As far the BBC thing goes, I can say I admire the efforts to call them out but I am pretty certain that absolutely nothing will come of it.

I witness their (BBC) bias day and daily and not just in regard to Rangers, it is far more widespread than you might think. Rangers/Scottish Football is just one area. It is particularly rife on Five Live and I find myself turning that station off frequently because of certain presenters, their obviously one sided "experts and/or the subject under discussion.

The problem is endemic at the BBC and only a root and branch overhaul can remove it.

Nuff said Zappa. Though I would not call it bitching. I'm done with it, you'll hear no more from me on it in this thread.

No worries mate. FWIW, the 'bitching' comment wasn't intended to be directed at yourself or anyone in particular, it was just a general request not to bad mouth other Gers sites or their members here on Gersnet because folk from all of the different forums and sites visit here and all Bears are welcomed here without the petty slanging matches you often see in other places.

The problem is endemic at the BBC and only a root and branch overhaul can remove it.

It is endemic WBD - a fact even I would not even have subscribed to previously, despite my feeling there was a considerable anti-Rangers bias running through the organisation.

However, having spoken to the Bears who raised the complaint re accuracy which eventually led to the Trust ruling my opinion has changed. Their complaint went through all the tiers of management at BBC Scotland - and not one looked upon it favourably - resulting in it being escalated to a higher level time and time again - hence why the final recourse was to defer to the Trust themselves for a ruling.