RST buys 200,000 more shares (Via BuyRangers)

That doesn't actually answer any of the questions that I asked in the post that you quoted. :D Unissued shares don't, by definition, exist.

Are they still included in the authorised share capital of the company?

There aren't any unissued shares. 0. None.

This is an avenue which was already investigated by an RST board member.

Pretty sure it also says there aren't any shares held in treasury on the Shares page of the official website.

There aren't any unissued shares. 0. None.

This is an avenue which was already investigated by an RST board member.

Pretty sure it also says there aren't any shares held in treasury on the Shares page of the official website.

So was the authorised share capital of the company changed post-IPO?

Pretty certain there's no requirement to have an authorised share capital.

How can you not have an authorised share capital ? So any shares that have ever been issued were unauthorised ?

From my limited knowledge of Companies House and the Companies Act I thought you cant issue shares without there being authorised shares to issue. You need a resolution and form filling with Companies House. The authorised share capital also tells you the MAXIMUM that you can issue.

It is the first I have heard that you dont have to have authorised share capital.

Educate me please.

From my limited knowledge of Companies House and the Companies Act I thought you cant issue shares without there being authorised shares to issue. You need a resolution and form filling with Companies House. The authorised share capital also tells you the MAXIMUM that you can issue.

That was the impression I was under too and the case of RIFC plc I was sure it had been stated that the authorised share capital was 100,000,000 with an issued share capital of 65,096,056.

How can you not have an authorised share capital ? So any shares that have ever been issued were unauthorised ?

It is the first I have heard that you dont have to have authorised share capital.

Educate me please.

http://www.companylawclub.co.uk/topics/authorised_capital.shtml

The requirement to have an authorised share capital is abolished from 1.10.2009 when the Companies Act 2006 finally came into full effect. Any company registered from that date will have no restriction on the number of shares it can issue, unless a limit is set in the company's articles.

http://www.rangersinternationalfootballclub.com/share-information

The Ordinary Shares are freely transferable and no Ordinary Shares are held in treasury.