Allan McGregor ‘got stuck right into Craig Whyte’

FORMER Rangers defender Kirk Broadfoot has revealed that Allan McGregor led players in verbally attacking Craig Whyte after he put the club into administration.

Broadfoot told The Sun: “We were all told the players needed to take a pay cut or people would start losing their jobs. That started an argument. But, honestly, Allan McGregor was brilliant.

“He got stuck right into Whyte and the administrators and spoke on behalf of everyone else in the team. It was a brave thing to do… but he grabbed the bull by the horns.” (Sun)

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/rumour-mill-allan-mcgregor-hearts-celtic-1-3306107

The Law of unintended consequences - it was a good job they walked. If they had stayed Green didn't have the money to pay them.

Nobody expected them to stay, all that was required of them was to do what Bocanegra, Edu, Goian etc did and transfer over then leave.

Never understood the hatred towards McGregor. It's clueless childish nonsense. In a sick way he and the rest done us a favour walking away. We would have been back in administration within days had guys like him stayed on. Fans call them traitors, i say they helped save us. I wish him nothing but the best and would welcome him back at Rangers any time.

Nobody expected them to stay, all that was required of them was to do what Bocanegra, Edu, Goian etc did and transfer over then leave.

Do what? Sit on their contracts, and then leave for nothing? That would've really helped us out...

Green barely made any attempt to get them to transfer over. He wanted them gone asap.

Do what? Sit on their contracts, and then leave for nothing? That would've really helped us out...

Green barely made any attempt to get them to transfer over. He wanted them gone asap.

Edu got us a fee and the likes of McGregor, Naismith etc are far better players so could easily got us a fee at a time we badly needed it. If Green couldn't afford it surely he would have released them if there was no takers( there obviously would have been)

I'm not a fan of Green but it wasn't his fault they chased the £££ and fucked us over.

Never understood the hatred towards McGregor. It's clueless childish nonsense. In a sick way he and the rest done us a favour walking away. We would have been back in administration within days had guys like him stayed on. Fans call them traitors, i say they helped save us. I wish him nothing but the best and would welcome him back at Rangers any time.

Childish nonsense?!

Jesus fuck.

Edited by Pete.

Edited by pete