Allan McGregor ‘got stuck right into Craig Whyte’

Edu got us a fee and the likes of McGregor, Naismith etc are far better players so could easily got us a fee at a time we badly needed it. If Green couldn't afford it surely he would have released them if there was no takers( there obviously would have been)

I'm not a fan of Green but it wasn't his fault they chased the £££ and fucked us over.

How do you release players under contract ? Or how do you do it knowing with certainty that they wont look for compensation.... they do have a contract after all.

Are you conveniently forgetting the Wonga loan that Green and his associates needed just to keep us turning over and not back into admin ? You know, the 50k loan, the one that was the salary of no more than a week's wage for just three of the players you despise ??

So if Green needed a wonga type loan of 50k it isnt unreasonable to assume that he wouldnt have had the money to pay their contractual salary.

Green's balls were in a financial vice. He couldnt risk those guys a) telling him to shove it and that they would stay, thus having their pre-admin contracts having to be honoured or b) "releasing" them, which means hoping they find a club quickly or the club could have been sued for breach of contract or c) keeping them hoping to sell them quickly.

It all comes back to the money - Green and his cronies didnt have the cash to sustain those players, not even for the short term. It suited Green to get rid of them and he played the fans like a fiddle !!

How do you release players under contract ? Or how do you do it knowing with certainty that they wont look for compensation.... they do have a contract after all.

You seem to be arguing in a contradictory way here, and missing the whole point on morality. You tend to be more focused on what someone is entitled to do rather than someone doing the "right thing", whatever that may be.

If you are willing to TUPE but decide you want to help the club, then what is there to stop you mutually cancelling a contract that your employer can't afford if they can't get a fee? How is that materially different from just walking away? Morally it's far more admirable.

We are talking retrospectively and hypothetically here, so there is no risk. This is an ethical question, not a how to look after yourself and forget about everyone else question.

Wont bother quoting every post because it'll spam the thread and quite frankly I cant be bothered

Craig- Calscot basically sums it up in his post, I'm sure Green would have agreed to some sort of deal with them to let them go

Craig again- What a horrible thing to say

Craig again...- How come the likes of Wallace stayed? We would have got a fee for them if they transferred and if not like I said make a deal with them beforehand

Tin Man- Good idea

Calscot- Spot on

It's ok guys no need to apologise I know you all love me really x