Allan McGregor ‘got stuck right into Craig Whyte’

You seem to be arguing in a contradictory way here, and missing the whole point on morality. You tend to be more focused on what someone is entitled to do rather than someone doing the "right thing", whatever that may be.

If you are willing to TUPE but decide you want to help the club, then what is there to stop you mutually cancelling a contract that your employer can't afford if they can't get a fee? How is that materially different from just walking away? Morally it's far more admirable.

We are talking retrospectively and hypothetically here, so there is no risk. This is an ethical question, not a how to look after yourself and forget about everyone else question.

Im not getting into the morality debate with you.

You despise capitalism, I get it. Doesnt mean it is wrong.

If these players had decided to have their contracts transferred to the newco, and the club then sold these players, then the ONLY benefactors would have been Green, Ahmed and the rest of the spivs.

I will never wish an injury on another man and certainly not one who played football for my club.

The players that left us did so without a moments hesitation.

The players that stayed generally didn't have much better options on the table.

C'est la vie. I think the only player that stayed who could have got a decent move was Wallace and he stayed for family reasons. Even still, I doubt he would have got a premiership move.

I wouldn't be adverse to having McGregor back in goals because he is by far the best we are going to get in the next few years and I would rather have Naismith in attack than Jon Daly. Whittaker and Lafferty are shite. Davis isn't anything special.

We've seen some heroic moves in similar situations on the continent like Buffon, Del Piero, Nedved etc staying at Juventus, Di Livio at Fiorentina and Etxeberria playing for nothing to help Bilbao springs to mind. Unfortunately I don't think there was any such tales of heroism in our situation.

The whole question is morality surely, clearly the players did have a legal right unfortunately

Why ? Why should the whole question be about morality ?

Funny that.... you and Ryan talk about morality and then wish career-ending injuries on players who played for our club, with distinction in a few of those cases.

You two dont do irony I see.

Sorry Guy's I have edited a few posts and deleted others that then looked out of place. This is not Kerrydale street or whatever it is called. We are talking about ex- Rangers players. They made a decision in a time that no one knew who to trust. We still don't know who to trust. Please have some respect.