Allan McGregor ‘got stuck right into Craig Whyte’

Edu got us a fee and the likes of McGregor, Naismith etc are far better players so could easily got us a fee at a time we badly needed it. If Green couldn't afford it surely he would have released them if there was no takers( there obviously would have been)

I'm not a fan of Green but it wasn't his fault they chased the £££ and fucked us over.

Guess work Ryan. In football there are no guarantees. We may just have easily been lumbered with them and their £20 odd grand a week contracts putting us out of business for good.

Release them? Just like that? These guys were under contract, huge contracts, contracts we couldn't even afford in the SPL. Releasing players costs money, like Goian, Boca, Mitchell, K Naismith and Argyriou etc etc cost us.

Green played the game, made the players out to be the bad ones and fans fell for it and all along he got exactly what he wanted. The man is a snake.

Source for this?

Anyway they were coming to the end of their careers, the likes of McGregor were at their peak and would have got us a fee.

I don't need a source, it was nationwide news at the time. Threads galore on all Rangers forums with fans in uproar about it. Coming to the end or not, it's proof no club can just get rid of players for nothing.

We couldn't even sack Sandaza without a pay off and he was allegedly guilty of breach of contract according to Chuckles Green.

I don't need a source, it was nationwide news at the time. Threads galore on all Rangers forums with fans in uproar about it. Coming to the end or not, it's proof no club can just get rid of players for nothing.

We couldn't even sack Sandaza without a pay off and he was allegedly guilty of breach of contract according to Chuckles Green.

I'd appreciate if you could provide a source.

Anyway as I said the one's who walked away were in a better position to get us a transfer fee.