Gordon Waddell: Altruistic Ann Budge puts money-grabbing Green and Whyte to shame

What a powerful statement in favour of Rangers being a fan-owned club.

So if we want to keep 'capitalist parasite types' away from Rangers, we know what to do - work towards making the club fan-owned.

Some guy is doing the rounds today, proudly explaining why he's not going to an official function as a RSEA rep because Alex Salmond invited him.

Fan ownership of our clubs is fraught with potential pitfalls.

Some guy is doing the rounds today, proudly explaining why he's not going to an official function as a RSEA rep because Alex Salmond invited him.

Yes Andy - I've read that too.

He does a lot of good work.

However, mixing politics and charity work is misguided at the least. Is he talking for all involved and all the beneficiaries? What's the chances of some of the beneficiaries having opposite political views?

There could be fall out.

And it will no doubt fall on Rangers, not the charity.

Yes Andy - I've read that too.

He does a lot of good work.

However, mixing politics and charity work is misguided at the least. Is he talking for all involved and all the beneficiaries? What's the chances of some of the beneficiaries having opposite political views?

There could be fall out.

And it will no doubt fall on Rangers, not the charity.

Surely by not attending, he's keeping politics out of it?

As for the beneficiary, I doubt Erskine Hospital is particularly pro-independence. These guys put their life on the line for all of Great britain.

With all due respect, BD and GS, these are your opinions, which I respect.

I also made mine and have no need to discuss it further.

If it's what I think it is, it'll be the yearly do for recognition of various bodies and individuals.

Nothing to do with politics.

But don't let that stop a good boycott.

With all due respect, BD and GS, these are your opinions, which I respect.

I also made mine and have no need to discuss it further.

If it's what I think it is, it'll be the yearly do for recognition of various bodies and individuals.

Nothing to do with politics.

But don't let that stop a good boycott.

When does Salmond do anythng without it having a political impact?

As for whether he should attend or not, I don't believe I gave my opinion. I Just answered a question that you posed. :P

My best friend's father fought in and was held captive in the war. He was also a lifelong Nationalist.

Asinine appropriations of other peoples' sacrifice to serve today's politics is just pitiful, regardless of which side is doing the appropriating.

Having complete strangers, whose motivations are a mystery to us, being able to own Rangers is the biggest pitfall of all.

Worrying about fan ownership is like worrying about democracy.

There will always be problems and difficulties to overcome, but standing back while rogue owners march in to Ibrox is more than a pitfall.

It is a mineshaft to oblivion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Given the SNP's calls for Scots not to join the war effort, is it really too much to think that those who did make sacrifices may still have views about that?

Cue more personal insults.....

"war effort" - that's one way to put "illegal invasion and occupation of somebody else's country where we have no business being"