We should ask ourselves: will the Scottish league look the same in a hundred years as it does today?

I think we mostly all believe that it won't. At what point then will major change occur? There will be gradual changes here and there of course, but although Rangers and/or Celtic moving elsewhere would be a cataclysmic event, I expect it to happen at some point.

Will it happen in the next hundred years? I think we would probably agree that it will, but what about the next fifty years, or the next twenty or even in the next five?

The important thing for Rangers is not just to be ready for it, but to be a main player in actually organising it.

If Celtic are already talking to people about making a move a reality, and we're not, we could be left behind.

Unfortunately, Celtic will be advancing their own case just now and we'll be an afterthought.

Just imagine if they ended up in a better place, either south of the border or in Europe - and we didn't.

To suggest that our future would be grim is an understatement. Rangers has to get its act together and be a part of whatever is going on. We simply can't afford not to.

The only (and unlikely) way that celtc could ever get into a better place than Scotland is if advertisers & broadcasters insisted on it.

In which case, they would be 99.9% certain to insist upon our going too.

But it's not going to happen for either, because we're stuck out here on the perimeter, where there are no stars, and Zappa is stoned immaculate.

Edited by andy steel

The only (and unlikely) way that celtc could ever get into a better place than Scotland is if advertisers & broadcasters insisted on it.

In which case, they would be 99.9% certain to insist upon our going too.

But it's not going to happen for either, because we're stuck on here on the perimeter, where there are no stars, and Zappa is stoned immaculate.

Join with us in forests of azure.

There's a universal truth to this song, but i'm not to sure what it is yet. haha

In the town where I was born

Lived a man who sailed to sea

And he told us of his life

In the land of submarines

So we sailed up to the sun

Till we found the sea of green

And we lived beneath the waves

In our yellow submarine

We all live in a yellow submarine

Yellow submarine, yellow submarine

And our friends are all on board

Many more of them live next door

And the band begins to play

[Full speed ahead, Mr. Lawwell, full speed ahead!

Full speed over here, sir!

Action station! Action station!

Aye, aye, sir, fire!

Heaven! Heaven!]

As we live a life of ease (A life of ease)

Everyone of us (Everyone of us) has all we need (Has all we need)

Sky of blue (Sky of blue) and sea of green (Sea of green)

In our yellow (In our yellow) submarine (Submarine, ha, ha)

Back to the CFC statement, arguably it may be a good idea to get a letter of response off to the usual suspects putting forward the thoughts of Rangers fans.

Our present Board seem too preoccupied with their own priorities, and don't seem to care about the domestic or international politics of the game.

This despite the fact that we are the largest supporter base in Scotland, and one of the largest in Europe.

Hold fire until we see the govt's reaction would be my counsel - poor Rab has been getting it tight of late but I think both he and Timothy will be surprised at just how broadly contempt for football in general (as at Peterhead) and the OF in particular is. I don't see the govt. being keen to back down on this, both because it makes them look weak - the football fan vote is not a big one, and the views of clowns like Spiers will have long been consigned to the dustbin where they should have been left in the first place - when they want to look strong and because they, and other parties, genuinely can't stand us.

Put it this way, there's more votes in skelping Rangers and celtc's bottoms than there is in sooking up to them.

Say what you like about SDM but he was always aware of the big picture and put Rangers on Europe's top table during the formation of the Champions League , ECA and G14. We punched way above our weight in terms of representation and now Lawwell has taken up the cudgels and is attempting to follow in his footsteps.

Adam Crozier in his time as FA Chief Executive was all for Rangers and Celtic joining but when he resigned in 2002 any will to force it through was gone.

"There is nothing more that can be done to further our case," said McLelland. "When Adam Crozier resigned last week our last chance of relocating in England went with him." (from UEFA.com)

Nowadays the picture is very different....Scottish Football has declined and English Football has exponentially grown into a truly global brand. They don't need us and any positive noises we hear from time to time are simply patronising lip service.

Go for your life Peter, we're a double act, if you shout loud enough about Celtic all people hear is "..and Rangers".

there's more votes in skelping Rangers and celtc's bottoms than there is in sooking up to them.

Excellent Andy. We should certainly consider using the above diplomatic pearl when the time comes.

Regarding your post, there are positives and negatives in both approaches.

I'm just a bit miffed about how emasculated we've become. I'd like to see that addressed as soon as practicable.

This line that everyone hates us and wants to ignore us is pathetic.

Our fan base is so big that we cannot fail to have clout - be it within domestic/international football, or politics.

It just takes belief, then a lot more belief.