Why then do particular police officers have ANTI-SECTARIAN INITIATIVE emblazoned on the back of their jackets when on duty at Ibrox?

A very good question that you should direct to the Police, specifically the Head of FOCUS, Superintendent Stephen McAllister (assuming there has not been a further change since last June).

A very good question that you should direct to the Police, specifically the Head of FOCUS, Superintendent Stephen McAllister (assuming there has not been a further change since last June).

No reason why said Head of FoCUS wouldn't be open to doing a lengthy interview with one of our fans (Gersnet? TRS?) given that he did an extensive face to face interview with a well known Celtic fan - Exclusive Interview with Head of FoCUS Superintendent Stephen McAllister

No reason why said Head of FoCUS wouldn't be open to doing a lengthy interview with one of our fans (Gersnet? TRS?) given that he did an extensive face to face interview with a well known Celtic fan - Exclusive Interview with Head of FoCUS Superintendent Stephen McAllister

I agree and I'm pretty sure I could arrange it. I had a good working relationship with his predecessor Supt Brand.

We should compile a list of questions in the first instance.

I think it's inaccurate to put the detestation of Rangers, as seen in our implosion, down to bigotry. There are plenty of people who absolutely hate to their marrow our club because of our fans and their repertoire, mainly of years gone by it's true but the enmity remains.

It doesn't make you a bigot to have no time for people you consider bigots - it doesn't make me a bigot to object to the CoS's stance on equal marriage laws, for example.

Irish/Catholics in politics, certainly there are plenty but the drive is slacking and has been taken up in recent years by women, who were of course discriminated against heavily in that very community until they/their families moved to Scotland. That's something to be proud of, not freak out over.

It's not voter apathy which sees Catholics elected, it's voter disinterest in their religion. Again, not something to fret over but a positive.

Whoever is most powerful in Scottish football will run the show: it's the same reason why Puerto Rico hangs on the US's coat tails. You don't have to look further than that for explanations over the state of the game. But even if you were right (which you're not) and Scotland was chock full of football clubs owned by Irish Catholics - would that not make it a bit dumb of us to make a point of putting the boot into said community?

Forgive me, I don't know how to split up the quote and asnwer each part in turn, so I have to do it this way.

I think it's inaccurate to put the detestation of Rangers, as seen in our implosion, down to bigotry. There are plenty of people who absolutely hate to their marrow our club because of our fans and their repertoire, mainly of years gone by it's true but the enmity remains.

It doesn't make you a bigot to have no time for people you consider bigots - it doesn't make me a bigot to object to the CoS's stance on equal marriage laws, for example. ... Being the bigger of two bigots doesn't make you a bigot?

Irish/Catholics in politics, certainly there are plenty but the drive is slacking and has been taken up in recent years by women, who were of course discriminated against heavily in that very community until they/their families moved to Scotland. That's something to be proud of, not freak out over. ... Female catholic politicians can be just as vociferous in supporting catholic institutions and less supportive of non-catholic institutions, as their male couterparts. Still worrisome.

It's not voter apathy which sees Catholics elected, it's voter disinterest in their religion. Again, not something to fret over but a positive. ... disinterest doesn't lead to apathy? Far from positive.

Whoever is most powerful in Scottish football will run the show: it's the same reason why Puerto Rico hangs on the US's coat tails. You don't have to look further than that for explanations over the state of the game. But even if you were right (which you're not) and Scotland was chock full of football clubs owned by Irish Catholics - would that not make it a bit dumb of us to make a point of putting the boot into said community? ... Puerto Rico is an Unincorporated territory, almost but not quite a state, so it doesn't have to, as is your implication, suck up to the big guy. Now I didn't say Scotland was chock full of Irish catholic owners, I asked how many owners and their fans had Irish OR catholic leanings, quite different. Again, I did not advocate that Rangers stick the boot in anywhere, only that Rangers and their fans re-examine their approach to the political realities that are happening all around them, and bolster their support where they may. Once again quite different.

1 - No, not liking bigots does not make one a bigot. That's an occasionally advanced argument by some observers of the scene to try to hide their own bigotry. But it's intellectually empty and only dimwits agree with an argument which sees anti-fascists as fascists, staunch Catholics as Protestants and salt as pepper. If that's you fine, if not also fine. Not my problem either way.

2 - I dare say some female RC politicians are committed to their church. Seems daft to me, given the way they are treated by it, but: their choice. Should they try to enforce that religious view on their constituents, I don't think they'd advance far in Scots politics: extremists are not really successful here. Tommy Sheridan, George Galloway, even Rosanna Cunningham slit her political wrists by mentioning Republicanism; but possibly the view is better from where you are. Again, not my worry.

3 - No, disinterest in other peoples' religion doesn't lead to apathy. Candidates are judged on their abilities not their faith: long may it continue.

4 - Your question itself was embarrassing to Rangers and their fans in general. I'm not even going to address it again since it demeans me to do so.

Feel free to carry on with this but I have better things to do. Someone else can get their hands dirty.

1. Right back at you,insult and all.

2. Fair enough, an opinion is an opinion.

3. The original discussion was on disinterest of one's own position leads to one's own apathy, but hey what's a little diversion to win a point.

4. When you consider where the attacks on Rangers have come from both past and present, and from both clubs and MSM, that question was not embarassing but highly pertinent. If you wish to stick your head in the sand go ahead.

Your last line just reeks of snobbery.

Given that we have now established that the police are giving a high profile to their anti-sectarianism initiative, and bearing in mind that the state funds, supports and wants to retain sectarian schools, why should any 'right-thinking person' trust a government which is so blatantly hypocritical?

If sectarianism is frowned on, and if people who share sectarian messages are going to jail, why is the Scottish government itself not in the dock?

There is a double standard in play here, and it shames our police force and our Holyrood government.

1. Right back at you,insult and all.

2. Fair enough, an opinion is an opinion.

3. The original discussion was on disinterest of one's own position leads to one's own apathy, but hey what's a little diversion to win a point.

4. When you consider where the attacks on Rangers have come from both past and present, and from both clubs and MSM, that question was not embarassing but highly pertinent. If you wish to stick your head in the sand go ahead.

Your last line just reeks of snobbery.

My apologies, It was meant to reek of contempt.