Will you tell him or me? Andy's can't smell anything way up there on his high Horse.

Andy's written a superb evisceration of Speirs on TRS which should have the buffoon spitting feathers, which is always nice.

I think his admission that he had never heard or heard of RoH up until now almost makes yours and others points about the whole sordid business though. If you are confronted with abject horror in your daily life, you tend to get a wee bit cynical about the "other side". I don't suppose Andy's confronted with much of the rhabid one's bile in the library at Glasgow Uni, unless of course Jean Findlay's in there holding a republican rally.

Andy's written a superb evisceration of Speirs on TRS which should have the buffoon spitting feathers, which is always nice.

I think his admission that he had never heard or heard of RoH up until now almost makes yours and others points about the whole sordid business though. If you are confronted with abject horror in your daily life, you tend to get a wee bit cynical about the "other side". I don't suppose Andy's confronted with much of the rhabid one's bile in the library at Glasgow Uni, unless of course Jean Findlay's in there holding a republican rally.

Andy writes superb articles and can demolish most arguments, that's why i don't get into much debate, i'm just saying does he have to look down his nose at us less intellectual beings?

Andy writes superb articles and can demolish most arguments, that's why i don't get into much debate, i'm just saying does he have to look down his nose at us less intellectual beings?

I don't think he looks down his nose, it's more of a disdain for the gritty, nasty aspects of the divide in Scotland. Maybe Andy doesn't see much of it to feel that it's as nasty as it is.

I was at a pub quiz on Wednesday in Carluke and a drunken arsehole loudly proclaimed that he was a "provo" and "up the 'ra" only to be quickly ejected from the premises followed by half a dozen locals ready to administer a beating to the clown. It went from semi-intellectual banter to outright bigotry in about 30 seconds flat. This is the stuff you and I and thousands of others see on a daily basis. It's sad and pathetic but it's reality for some.

I don't think he looks down his nose, it's more of a disdain for the gritty, nasty aspects of the divide in Scotland. Maybe Andy doesn't see much of it to feel that it's as nasty as it is.

I was at a pub quiz on Wednesday in Carluke and a drunken arsehole loudly proclaimed that he was a "provo" and "up the 'ra" only to be quickly ejected from the premises followed by half a dozen locals ready to administer a beating to the clown. It went from semi-intellectual banter to outright bigotry in about 30 seconds flat. This is the stuff you and I and thousands of others see on a daily basis. It's sad and pathetic but it's reality for some.

I used to work in the meat market in the gallowgate and got stabbed for being "a dirty orange bastard" sounds bad but it was just a minor nick in the hand, some tough cookies worked there but us bluenose more than held our own, needless to say some minor retribution was obtained by my brothers, when sectarianism is up in your face like that i tend to deal fire with fire. I've generally found the Tims to be even handed in the past, they'll kick the fook out of any bluenose intellectual or not haha.

I don't think he looks down his nose, it's more of a disdain for the gritty, nasty aspects of the divide in Scotland.

Alternatively, it might just be a disdain for stupidity and bigotry. Some of the stuff on this thread is, or should be, insulting to adult intellects.

There is a world of difference between recognising that sectariansim exists and validating it by allowing it to pass without comment.

Alternatively, it might just be a disdain for stupidity and bigotry. Some of the stuff on this thread is, or should be, insulting to adult intellects.

There is a world of difference between recognising that sectariansim exists and validating it by allowing it to pass without comment.

Who exactly is allowing sectarianism to pass without comment TPB? From what I can gather from the various conversations so far, we all agree that sectarianism and bigotry is rife. What we don';t seem to agree on is that you seem to think it's only superficial and that it doesn't reach as far up the echelons of politics and religion as myself and others do. From the top down, the RC Church's mission in this country (and all other compliant states) is to keep the numbers up and to place it's followers in as many positions of influence as it possibly can.

It's not a conspiracy theory dreamed up by folk like me because of football, it's right there, in your face. If you think that religion's in this country are all altruistic benign entities then I'm afraid I have bad news for you. We're far from secular in this country, we have clergy in the House of Lords, the Queen's other title is Supreme Governor of The Church of England and those are only the high profile links. We all know that "Celtic minded" individuals have great difficulty being objective when it comes to matters of the perceived enemy.